Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #61
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

For the seatbelts, you just need to hold them in exactly the same orientation that they would be in while mounted in the in the vehicle.

Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #62
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcastino View Post
For the seatbelts, you just need to hold them in exactly the same orientation that they would be in while mounted in the in the vehicle.
You don't know how many times I have tried that. I know about the pendulum, but I think my dad got it too far in the mechanism. He took off that little circle that keeps the metal catch from going up too far. I am working on it, and if I get it, I will put it back in the Jeep immediately, but I already think I will have to run over to the stealership. I will challenge someone there to get it working.

So who wants to see the surprise?
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 05:48 PM   #63
finalreckoning
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I do!
10 char
Green Jeep Member #273
High School Jeepers #169
finalreckoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #64
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok.... I guess it is time to reveal my little surprise.

I started to clean up the carpet. I mean, we vacumed it, and it looks beautiful. My mom was pissed this whole weekend. She kept doubting that we would ever be able to put everything back together correctly. If she saw us not put the carpet in, well... Let's just say the Jeep wouldn't move for a while.

So I took the console back out, and put the carpet in. It is actually surprising how good it looks. I will also note that it keeps the smell down a bit. I should be able to report later tomorrow how the road noise is. We are taking my aunt to La Guardia tomorrow night. I would assume with the carpet and liner it would be a little quieter.

Time for pics.

All is back in place (not the rear seats, but the brackets are)

Showing the carpet on the fender.

The 5pm night sky when we finished.

Well... there you go, the surprise. You can see in the pictures how clean it is now.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:05 PM   #65
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

How's that a surprise? lol

Can i ask what the point of bed lining it was when you just put the carpet back in?

It needs to be exposed to cure right.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach

Last edited by 2006_Sport; 11-15-2009 at 06:20 PM..
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #66
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

yea im not sure why you would put carpets back in but to each their own
UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #67
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCC View Post
yea im not sure why you would put carpets back in but to each their own
if mine was coated, I'd probably put the carpet back in for winter. it does help insulate the Jeep at -20*F in ski country but for summer...heck no, carpet sucks.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #68
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well... I am assuming you don't have a mom like mine. It will make it back out eventually, I am just not sure how quickly. The point of bed lining it was to protect it. I had a little bit of surface rust forming on the driver's front floorboard, and the paint was scuffed under a lot of the carpet.

At minimum I will use was salty carpets as a reason to take it out, then I will conviniently not put it back in. Or I will show my mom that i can sell it for like $60 and that I have no need for it. Actually, I took told me dad I am thinking of starting a thread with a poll asking JF their take on the situation. I may just end up taking the carpet out tomorrow after our trip. I really am not sure what I will do yet. I am almost possitive I will wait till after out trip to the airport so that the fumes aren't as strong, not that they are all that bad now.

You want to know what she wanted me to do last night?

She wanted me to start putting the interior back together. My dad and I put the second coat on starting at about 4pm, there is no way I would be able to do that.
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #69
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I would be interested to know what the improvement in noise insulation. FWIW, I also plan to put my carpet back in too. I see this as protection against Canadian winter roads (read: salt).

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #70
finalreckoning
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ha I understand lol
Moms always get their way.
Green Jeep Member #273
High School Jeepers #169
finalreckoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #71
herculz
2010 JK Wrangler 

What about herculiner? I know that one is thicker than a mo-fo but when i would go wheeling and step back inside with dirt or mud, it would stain the coat since i removed the carpet and never placed it back in after hacking it off with a razor blade.
herculz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #72
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalreckoning View Post
Ha I understand lol
Moms always get their way.
Nice to know SOMEBODY understands me. Well... keeping the carpet in should have an added benefit with insulation.

When I posted pics of the carpet, I knew it would be a slightly controversial decision. Oh well. I am excited to look for any differences in noise.

BTW, in about 1 month when I KNOW it is fully cured, I will do some strength tests. I will beat it with chains, maybe drag the rear seat... any other ideas are welcome.
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #73
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

throw a 5500 watt toro generator in the back...thats what i did haha. Slid around no probs haha

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #74
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

So then are you going to drive up to NY to test it out Zach, I don't have a generator. I could put our 5 gallon air compressor in, but it isn't all THAT heavy. I don't think the '64 wheelhorse will fit, otherwise that would be PERFECT. I is all cast iron, so it weighs like 500lbs. It even has chains on the back tires. Eh... I won't even bother trying.

Any More ideas people?
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #75
1997_Sport

So you put the carpet back in? You realize normally, rust starts forming from the underside of your body. I would be more worried about that then anything else, but whatever your money not mine.

No jeep but I do have a 04.5 Cummins with a 4in exhaust, edge j/a, and I guess thats it....for now
1997_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install , liner , monstaliner , write-up , writeup

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.