Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 05-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #496
BigDogTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Super excited to start mine tomorrow! Got three days off from work and I can't wait!!! Thanks again for all of the pictures and instructions LuckRider and Magnetman, I'm a very visual person so it helps!! I'll take lots of pictures of the Smurfadelic blue I'm putting down. Hopefully I'll have enough to do my roll cage with it but if not I'll do it in the black when it gets here!

Unread 05-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #497
Kerad11

I see the deal runs out tonight.

Cant order my monstaliner till wednesday.

Kerad11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #498
VBRubicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogTJ View Post
Super excited to start mine tomorrow! Got three days off from work and I can't wait!!! Thanks again for all of the pictures and instructions LuckRider and Magnetman, I'm a very visual person so it helps!! I'll take lots of pictures of the Smurfadelic blue I'm putting down. Hopefully I'll have enough to do my roll cage with it but if not I'll do it in the black when it gets here!
PICS!?!?!?!

I haven't seen too many of the colors after finished but I'm def doing something other than black when I do mine. Won't be as hot in the sun and just to be different.

Mr. Madison, what you've just said ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
VBRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #499
MrWhitaker0619
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone have a video or know of a video of this stuff in action. Like I dont know keying it or rock rash things of that nature???.
Fuel [COLOR="blue"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Interco[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]Besttop[/COLOR]- [COLOR="Red"]Kicker[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Blue"]JVC[/COLOR] -[COLOR="White"]CORBEAU[/COLOR] -[COLOR="Black"]Tuffy[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Yellow"]KC[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Red"]L.O.D[/COLOR] - [COLOR="White"]PSC[/COLOR] -[COLOR="Silver"] Rubicon Express[/COLOR] - [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Viking[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Red"]Warn[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Yellow"]Gibson[/COLOR][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][COLOR="blue"]/l ,[___],
l--L --OlllllO-
[COLOR="Black"]()_) ()_)[COLOR="Blue"]-o-[/COLOR])_)[/COLOR][/COLOR][INDENT]03 TJ X[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
MrWhitaker0619 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #500
techflork

hey I wanted to clarify, did you take the bolts out for the shifter when you monstalined the tub? (4 bolts on the drivers side next to the drive stick)? I'll be doing it this weekend. I have a manual. If I shouldn't remove them can I remove one to replace it (rusted badly)? Just don't want to screw something up. Thanks!
techflork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #501
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

Thinking about contacting the company as to promoting this product in my store/install shop. Would still like to know more about it, but I do know this product is much better than then herculiner and linex or that other auto parts store crap. Been reading a good 20 pages of you alls stories and install information. I have a lot of customers wanting a good product. Thanks for any help!
Rock krawler Stock Mod 2.5, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Mamba M5 18" rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler tires, Body Armor Front bumper w/winch and LOTS of LED lights all over the place for blinding oncomers! LOL
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #502
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you need to get a hold of the company, just PM MagnetMan on here or send an email to the company contact info. MagnetMan is the guy you want pretty much. There is also a live number that you can call.http://monstaliner.com/
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #503
Scot3
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Monstaliner in my 06 LJ

I am getting ready to get Monstaliner into my LJ, Thank you for taking the time to pass on all your prep and application steps as well as your insights.
This will be a hugh help!
Scot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #504
jeepers29
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey y'all, I have my TJ all prepped and ready to spray tonite after it cools down a bit. Question for ya, did y'all leave the metal plugs in the back seat area in and line over them or did ya puul them out? The thing is once you pull them you will always have those holes in the floor, vs. the plugs that have the rubber fill caps. Thanks for your reponses.
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #505
Havoc443
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered a 1gal kit of desert sand monstaliner and a quart of chassis saver for my '03 Jeep TJ. Hopefully it gets across the border with no issues and I can start work! Not sure how the color will look in the end but I'm taking a bit of a chance that it'll go nicely with the light khaki metallic exterior. Haven't had a chance to read through this entire thread but the write-up looks great!! How should I apply the chassis saver? Just use a brush or normal roller?
Havoc443 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #506
homebrwd
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers29 View Post
Hey y'all, I have my TJ all prepped and ready to spray tonite after it cools down a bit. Question for ya, did y'all leave the metal plugs in the back seat area in and line over them or did ya puul them out? The thing is once you pull them you will always have those holes in the floor, vs. the plugs that have the rubber fill caps. Thanks for your reponses.
I pulled all of mine, 2 in each footwell. You can get drain plugs for JKs that fit in those oval holes perfectly. Got my tub cleaned up last night, starting some sanding tonight then tomorrow I pull the front seats and center console, finish sanding and get to rolling. Lady in red tint on my flame red Jeep is a perfect color match!

homebrwd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #507
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

for anybody who finds this thread, there are other threads on monsta that are more up to date and constantly growing.

for questions, comments, or other info
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/i...-liner-875162/

for pictures of monstaliner jobs and colors
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/m...riors-1376308/
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #508
millerguy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Ordered mine today. Looking forward to putting it on the 'ol Heep! I just hope the Jungle Love matches fairly close to my homemade O.D. Green.
millerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #509
T's '97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm on the 1st wipe down of MEK. How picky were those who have done this as far as hard to reach spots like the lower part of the roll bar behind the seats between the roll bar and tub wall? I can see dirt in there, but can't seem to scrub it clean.

Should I be Q-Tip picky?
Unread 08-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #510
TJsRedTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just an FYI for everybody looking for MEK, it is sold at Sherwin Williams. I believe its around 27 bucks or so
TJsRedTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
install , liner , monstaliner , write-up , writeup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.