Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #481
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacKedUP4x4 View Post
Those ones snapped so I drilled all 4 out and in just gonna put bigger bolts back in. The one thats stuck is the one holding the seatbelt to the rollbar i just got a blade and plan on cuting it in half then using vice grips to pull the rest out
Or borrow an impact wrench, that worked for us

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #482
JacKedUP4x4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman

Or borrow an impact wrench, that worked for us
My friends letting me borrow one. The seatbelt bolt I started to saw through with a hacksaw earlier so I think it will probably just snap if I try to use the impact wrench on that
Unread 02-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #483
JacKedUP4x4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacKedUP4x4

My friends letting me borrow one. The seatbelt bolt I started to saw through with a hacksaw earlier so I think it will probably just snap if I try to use the impact wrench on that
Also that one is stripped
Unread 02-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #484
PirateQM
1982 CJ7 

Read the whole thread... a lot of good tips, thanks!

I plan on doing both interior and exterior to my '82 CJ7... just waiting on two things... the color chips to decide which color (thanks Magnetman for replying to my call the other day and letting me know the chips are a bit behind, completely understand) and the Jeep itself. It's at my brother's in Texas and I can't wait to go down there and bring it back home!

Interior will definitely be black. Leaning towards midnight special on the exterior, but also love all the reds and even the burnt orange. Just want to see them in hand, in the sun, before deciding... I've learned that colors on the computer screen don't always match exactly in person, LoL!

Does anyone know how many gallons for 2 good coats on exterior? I will also be doing the inside of the doors and dash in the exterior color as well.

I can't wait to start this project!

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]'[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]97 TJ (Polaris) Long gone, but not forgotten.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]'85 CJ7 (LiL Dragon) Hauled away to be scrapped. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Cyan"]'82 CJ7 (Echo)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
PirateQM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #485
JacKedUP4x4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Can I use a duplicolor engine enamel paint primer to cover the bare metal spots where I sanded too much and where I sanded off rust? Do I have to use a primer if I'm using the chassis saver? Or if I put that down over some spots of bare metal would it work? I wanna make sure I do this the right way so I don't have any problems later on
Unread 04-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #486
LDJ37
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Great tips here, I ordered my kit Friday and plan to paint Easter weekend. I have some questions, sorry if I missed the answers in the thread:

How far up the roll bar did most of y'all go? I plan to go to the edge of the tub. ( I know personal preference, but I am open to suggestions)
How far up the floor boards under the dash?
The wiring running down the drivers side, anything I need to look out for there? I plan to go up over the edge to the soft top retainer ledge.
Did y'all take the door and rear gate receiving latches off? I plan to and paint the bodies of them off the jeep.
The silver device in front of my console, I assume the airbag actuator, is it ok to unbolt and just hang somehow?

This isn't a huge insight or tip but the PO had a CB and some kind of speakers or tool box both bolted through the tub, I am going to CS the area and use short carriage bolts to fill the holes and coat over them. Seems like a nice clean fill.

Thanks for the help, this jeep is new to me by 1 week and I am anxious to get started with its clean up and semi-build.

LJ
LDJ37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #487
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I just covered the plate that mounts to the tub for the roll bar. I didn't go up it. Some have covered the entire thing, other just go up enough to hide under the covers.
I went all the way to the firewall because, why not?
There really isn't much to worry about there. Just pull it out of the way to get the liner behind it. If you get some liner on it, it doesn't matter because the bundle is wrapped.
Nope, just taped them off.
Just tape around that. You really don't want to mess with airbag stuff. Yes, that is the sensor for the airbag. I believe it works using accelerometer technology.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #488
LDJ37
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Luck! As usual, helpful. I started the breakdown today, just my driver seat left and I had it out for awhile to start cleaning. I will try to remember to take pics as I go and post.

Thanks again, LJ.
LDJ37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #489
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

No problem. Best of luck with your project. It is always great digging into the new Jeep and making it yours.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #490
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

for anyone who covered their whole jeep in monstaliner, how many gals did you use and how many coats did you apply. i will be spraying it. magnetman you may also be able to answer my question
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #491
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry nobody replied to you earlier BAMFpulling719. I used 1 gallon for my TJ.
Unread 05-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #492
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

im wondering about coating the exterior of jeep, if one gallon will be enough or if it requires 2
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #493
Hosep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Day 2 of prepping the inside of the Jeep. Yesterday I took everything out of it. Today I started sanding, and today was the first day I wish I didn't have a white Jeep, hard to see where and how well it is sanded.
Unread 05-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #494
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719 View Post
im wondering about coating the exterior of jeep, if one gallon will be enough or if it requires 2
Some claim to have done exteriors with 1 gallon, others have used over 1.5 gals
Depends on application method (roll vs spray) and how heavy it goes on
Color choice may also influence amount needed and if you are changing the color of vehicle. Certain colors that do not hide as well going over contrasting original color will need more to cover
Unread 05-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #495
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosep View Post
Day 2 of prepping the inside of the Jeep. Yesterday I took everything out of it. Today I started sanding, and today was the first day I wish I didn't have a white Jeep, hard to see where and how well it is sanded.
White and silver will make you craaaaaazy. This is good scuffing on darker paint

Tags
install , liner , monstaliner , write-up , writeup

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.