Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% off

Unread 09-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #436
BrianBFD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBFD View Post
Got it all "skint up" and cleaned last night. Doing the final masking now and about to roll the first coat.
Finished up and put it back together.

VERY HAPPY with the results.

When you open the boxes and see how the packing/shipping is done you will grin because you know you just bought something from someone who has a clue about how to do business and customer service.
Great product!
Great service!(in spite of tropical storms)
Great packaging!
Super instructions!
Can't even think of anything negative to say. The only thing lacking was having someone do it for me.

If fishing is a sport, does that make me an athlete?
BrianBFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #437
MagnumPI
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have mine waiting for me back home and I'm planning on doing it around Thanksgiving. Will the weather and temperature be alright for me to do it then or should I wait?

Thanksgiving is the soonest I would be able to do it because I have no more breaks long enough to do it in until then.
[COLOR="Yellow"]Yellow Jeep Club Member #1337[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/back-stock-beyond-2000-tj-build-1263116/"]Back to Stock, and Beyond! 2000 TJ Build[/URL]
MagnumPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #438
loic
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It's a great product, the only thing that would be usefully would be shorter rollers, which home depot carry for a few $
loic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #439
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

IIRC, Magnet now sells shorter rollers too. Ones that match the regular ones.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #440
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumPI View Post
I have mine waiting for me back home and I'm planning on doing it around Thanksgiving. Will the weather and temperature be alright for me to do it then or should I wait?

Thanksgiving is the soonest I would be able to do it because I have no more breaks long enough to do it in until then.
If you can work in a garage and have temp at least 55 deg you are fine
You'll have a little longer recoat time (upper end of our 3 - 5 hr range) and longer pot life
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #441
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loic View Post
It's a great product, the only thing that would be usefully would be shorter rollers, which home depot carry for a few $
This kit comes with 1 extra roller refill (not in picture) $3.75
Roller is 1/2 the width of regular roller

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #442
loic
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
This kit comes with 1 extra roller refill (not in picture) $3.75
Roller is 1/2 the width of regular roller

that is great !! ( i'm not sure it was available at the time I did it or I may just have missed it..) I really suggest to those who want to do that to get the small roller too. it would be a lot easier in smaller place and there is a whole lot more of those that you would think!!!
loic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #443
CaptainNemo
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This looks great. My kit is being delivered today and I will be doing this project this weekend and taking lots of pictures along the way.

One question I have is in regards to the chassis saver. I have a few places I need to hit before I install the liner. Do you recommend using a brush or a roller for this part? If rolling on is recommended, is a regular roller that I can pick up from the hardware store ok? I'd hate to have to use one of the textured ones for this part and then not have enough rollers in the end.

thanks for all the info! I'll be using this write up as my main guide.
CaptainNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #444
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Brush or spray gun. I wouldn't bother with a roller for CS, and I am not even sure it is recommended.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 09-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #445
CaptainNemo
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cool. Well that solves that dilemma. I'm sure that's stated in the instructions but I still haven't received my kit yet. Thanks for the tip
CaptainNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #446
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I posted in a diff monsta thread and got most my ? Answered but one i still have is do i do the black parts or the white parts first .. Attached is a photo modified in photoshop to show my planned schematic and not pictured but the interior will be black minus the inside door panels which will be white.. So whats the best order of application, considering the masking to be done ..etc..

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-3360784858.jpg   image-4135542740.jpg  
QCDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #447
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is all ML right? Realize there will be a slight height difference, might look cool though. I would do the black, tape the top of it, and then do the white. Make the black larger than you want it and overlap the white over the black. That will make the black look sunk into the metal which would make for a sweet effect.
Unread 09-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #448
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider
That is all ML right? Realize there will be a slight height difference, might look cool though. I would do the black, tape the top of it, and then do the white. Make the black larger than you want it and overlap the white over the black. That will make the black look sunk into the metal which would make for a sweet effect.
Confused? Height diff? Itll all be ML so wouldt it even out once i do both black then white

Unread 09-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #449
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It depends. Due to the thickness, if you overlap it, you will see the difference in height. I guess you could try to tape for just the black part, and then tape the edges and roll up to it, but there might be separation where the two colors meet.
Unread 09-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #450
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider
It depends. Due to the thickness, if you overlap it, you will see the difference in height. I guess you could try to tape for just the black part, and then tape the edges and roll up to it, but there might be separation where the two colors meet.
Yeh that was a concern is overlap or lacl of and havin gaps.. I could purposly over lap a fraction but id wana do white first then black so the dark would cover light instead of dark come thru the lighter color.. Now u see my issue haha the easy option is to do the hood completely black but then that wouldnt be as cool lol

Tags
install , liner , monstaliner , write-up , writeup

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.