Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 11-15-2009, 08:14 AM   #31
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
nice. If you a pics of the newspaper sticking out and how you did that, it would be awesome. I just remembered the local hardware store carriers corks of all different sizes for like $0.20 each...might be a good way to keep the stuff out of the threaded holes.

I like the look of this stuff. I might have another spring project
Ear plugs work great

99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 08:14 AM   #32
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Foam earplugs work really well as well.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 08:15 AM   #33
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

lol damnit.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #34
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Unlimited04, Both 99TJSahara, and Bennettj13 have good ideas with the foam ear plugs. I also think the cork is a good idea. My dad and I were just improvising. We took strips about 8 inches wide, and folded them in half until they were about 8"x12"ish and rollef them tight. Then folded them in half and stuck the two ends in the hole and screwed it in. I will get pics later.

This should be a great early spring project. The best temp to roll it in is like 60 degress and humid. Hopefully by then there is a smaller kit for less money.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #35
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

o0o earplugs. I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
This should be a great early spring project. The best temp to roll it in is like 60 degress and humid. Hopefully by then there is a smaller kit for less money.
I'll want the big kit...likely be doing two LJ's
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #36
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Great write up! I wasn't even considering doing this, until reading your writeup. Out of curiosity, how much does the kit cost? If it only comes as a 2 US Gal kit, perhaps I'll hold off until my wife gets here LJ and do them both.

Never mind, just went to their site: $240 for the kit.

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #37
jdghsb
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Great write up. I like the fact that you can roll it on instead of spray.
jdghsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #38
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah guys. The stuff is 240 for 2 gallons with all of the rollers trays ect. They have one on ebay for 239 with free shipping. They shipped my kit thursday morning, and it got here thursday 11:15 AM.

Yes the stuff is expensive. To those who want to do 2, that is a great idea. I think you could probably do two, get it really thick, and do all bumpers, sliders, ect with 1 kit. ! gallon went very far.

Unlimited04 I took some pics of the paper for you. I will post one here, but You can see all by following the link back to my photobucket. I forgot to metnion, 1x 8"x12" will make 2 plugs. It is also actually ~5" strip, not 8".

The plug going in.

I was also asked earlier about the tape line. The site is right, it peels away nice and clean.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #39
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

nice work. thanks for the pics! it looks awesome

damn it, no i've got to add this to my list of stuff to do...
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #40
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdghsb View Post
Great write up. I like the fact that you can roll it on instead of spray.
I forgot to address this. You can actually spray this stuff on. The kit is designed to be rolled on, but if you have access to a shutz gin, you can tape EVERYTHING off and spray it. Magnet Paints actually recommends using a shutz gun to apply it as an undercoating.
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #41
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

What is the recommended cure time; before you can put it all back together? And, is the cure time to reassemble, and put back into service different? i.e. 24 hours for dry to the touch, 48 hours for full cure.

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #42
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
nice work. thanks for the pics! it looks awesome

damn it, no i've got to add this to my list of stuff to do...
Unlimited04, I would talk to the vendor MagnetMan here. He started a thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/i...-liner-875162/

So far it seems like great stuff. I will be spraying it with a little water when my dad gets home (my duster is getting her ears lowered) and then we will probably start putting the interior back together.

I am very interested in seeing how this stuff handles. It has a finish somewhere in between plastic and rubber.
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #43
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Holy crap...240 for 2 gallons of the stuff. I spent 110 on my Raptor. Is it really worth the extra 130 bucks?

Oh and luckrider, give it a full month or so before you start throwin **** in there. Even if the kit says a week and it's good...give it longer. Raptors directions said 2 weeks but it really took a month to FULLY cure.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:45 AM   #44
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Raptor is pretty soft stuff. It will stand up fine to your feet and smaller stuff, but I've dinged mine up a bit with jack stands, a jack, a hi-lift and other stuff. I keep a bottle of truck bed liner around for touch ups. I've added a large 1/4" rubber mat to the back of the jeep to protect the bed liner from getting dinged up. It works wonderfully. If this stuff is significantly harder than Raptor (I bet it is), then I think it's worth it. Luckrider, do some tests once this stuff is fully cured. Drop some crap on it to see what happens. Be careful, though. My Raptor didn't fully cure for about 2 weeks. I waited 3 days to put the seats back in and scraped up a couple spots when doing so.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #45
greaneyk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nice write-up. I'd been looking at putting a liner down in my TJ as well, and this is definitely looking good.

$240 is steep, but they have a cheaper option - it's a single gallon + catalyst for $120, which the OP says is enough for 2 coats.

OP: Any requirements as far as ambient temperature during install / curing?
greaneyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install , liner , monstaliner , write-up , writeup

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.