Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up - Page 27 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up

RCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% offNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 06-14-2011, 03:08 AM   #391
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I highly doubt there will be any better deals than the current one which ends when July comes IIRC. They are dropping the free shipping and charging a small flat rate for shipping. They will still include the free CS though... this is all IIRC.

As for the rolling, both works well. Honestly, I would suggest loading the roller rather than pouring. I found that it gave better results in terms of consistency of thickness and texture.
Thanks

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/
Boundless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #392
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

No problem, always happy to help.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 06:52 AM   #393
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well, after a year of sun, snow, ice, heat, and daily use, I can say my Monstaliner is holding up VERY well. With the heat and humidity here in Alabama, the Monstaliner has been rock solid. My TJ is a bit warmer on the floorboards and I have no clue if it is any noisier or quieter, but I didn't line my tub for better sound or thermal insulation.

It works as advertised. It is VERY easy to keep clean when I take the time to clean the Jeep, and it provides sufficient grip unless my boots are covered in Alabama mud.

When I considered lining my tub, I was terrified at the prospect of ripping out the interior, spending the time to sand it down, clean it and then pray I don't screw up. But when it came down to it, Magnet's support, input from LuckRider/others, and family help all made this a ridiculously easy project as long as you took your time to do it right.

I even managed to make it look BETTER than it did before the liner. Whodathunkit?
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #394
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

monstaliner + chassis saver = WINNING!

lol

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #395
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
As for the rolling, both works well. Honestly, I would suggest loading the roller rather than pouring. I found that it gave better results in terms of consistency of thickness and texture.
The pouring seen in the videos was just a way to avoid mixing more coating needed to work from a roller pan. When working over large areas it's always easier to load the roller from a tray than to pour and spread

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #396
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I just read thru 27 pages of pure Monstaliner Bliss! And I am fully convinced that I will probably be doing this fourth of july weekend.....Magnet, how long does it usually take to deliver from where you are to California? And also how is it shipped USPS? UPS? FEDEX? thanks again everyone for truly a great forum and thread!
Unread 06-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #397
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
I just read thru 27 pages of pure Monstaliner Bliss! And I am fully convinced that I will probably be doing this fourth of july weekend.....Magnet, how long does it usually take to deliver from where you are to California? And also how is it shipped USPS? UPS? FEDEX? thanks again everyone for truly a great forum and thread!
UPS ground. Allow 6 working days to west coast. I would order before next Wednesday
Unread 06-17-2011, 11:18 PM   #398
BEETROOT
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Did mine today with Olive Drab Monstaliner. I have a few spots to touch up, but very happy with how everything turned out. The only issue I ran into was the stuff drying out on me in the roller pan, and then I kept getting clumps in the roller. I had to keep splashing MEK into the roller and into the gallon to be able to work with it.

It's still wet in these pics.

BEETROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 01:48 AM   #399
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

At any time while working did you have the gallon can sitting open for more time than it takes to add more liquid to the roller pan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEETROOT View Post
Did mine today with Olive Drab Monstaliner. I have a few spots to touch up, but very happy with how everything turned out. The only issue I ran into was the stuff drying out on me in the roller pan, and then I kept getting clumps in the roller. I had to keep splashing MEK into the roller and into the gallon to be able to work with it.

It's still wet in these pics.

Unread 06-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #400
BEETROOT
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
At any time while working did you have the gallon can sitting open for more time than it takes to add more liquid to the roller pan?
Nope. I only opened it for a few seconds at a time to pour more into the pan. The instructions say not to dilute the stuff with thinner, but is (was) it OK to mix in a little MEK to loosen it up?
BEETROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #401
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That looks good
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 06-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #402
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

One quick question for the OP or whoever can answer, how long did you wait between coats....I know I read somewhere thru here that you applied the second coat right away but I thought I read somewhere that you needed to wait 3-5 hours between coats?
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #403
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You need to wait for the liner to no longer be tacky to the touch. Depending on humidity and temp, this can be just a couple of hours, or take 6 hours. I would suggest about 4 hours to wait, but no more than 16.
Unread 08-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #404
TheDirtyGeneral

How do I get the front seat belts off lol, the bottom part to be specific. I'm on the midst of striping
The last few pieces out
Unread 08-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #405
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyGeneral View Post
How do I get the front seat belts off lol, the bottom part to be specific. I'm on the midst of striping
The last few pieces out
You talking about the housing part the belt rolls into that's bolted to the bottom of the roll bar

Tags
install , liner , monstaliner , write-up , writeup

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.