Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #361
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TJfototkr View Post
Well safe to say I'm not only going to buy this stuff to use in my TJ in spring, but when I fix the floor, I think I'll get it for my Nissan 240sx as well... If I can get it in white! If not, that's cool too but I'd prefer white for the Nissan. Looks like a helluva product, you've got me sold here in a month or 2 when its spring and warmer! Great write-up too, very comprehensive.
if you check out magnet man's vendor thread for monstaliner he has been posting updates for the introduction of colored liner soon.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/i.../index176.html

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #362
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

I spent from last thursday - this Monday Morning slowly reading through all 20 sumpin pages of this thread and I am sold . Great looking product, probably ordering this afternoon.

I have a couple of ?'s though

- I have a Grand Wagoneer and I am planning on doing the Tub and ripping out the headliner and doing that as well at the same time (and some misc. other parts). I am planning on ordering the 2gal. Do you think I am hitting the mark or should I increase or decrease the amount?

- I saw that someone planned on doing their headliner.. results? Did that help make things quiter in the cab? Was it a pain in the ***?

- I have a bunch of Methyl Amel Ketone (MAK) on hand. Magnetman, have you any insite about whether or not I could use that or not in place if the MEK? I use it for extending Dry time and thinning in a Catalyzed Varnish.

-LuckyRider, Do you have any pictures of your console that you made installed in your rig? I am a wood guy and I am going to fabricate something up for my Waggy, just looking for some ideas.
Sykd4MyWaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #363
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykd4MyWaggy View Post
I spent from last thursday - this Monday Morning slowly reading through all 20 sumpin pages of this thread and I am sold . Great looking product, probably ordering this afternoon.

- I have a Grand Wagoneer and I am planning on doing the Tub and ripping out the headliner and doing that as well at the same time (and some misc. other parts). I am planning on ordering the 2gal. Do you think I am hitting the mark or should I increase or decrease the amount?

- I saw that someone planned on doing their headliner.. results? Did that help make things quiter in the cab? Was it a pain in the ***?

- I have a bunch of Methyl Amel Ketone (MAK) on hand. Magnetman, have you any insite about whether or not I could use that or not in place if the MEK? I use it for extending Dry time and thinning in a Catalyzed Varnish.

-LuckyRider, Do you have any pictures of your console that you made installed in your rig? I am a wood guy and I am going to fabricate something up for my Waggy, just looking for some ideas.
MAK can be used in place of MEK it just evaporates slower and has a more annoying odor.

Coating the interior roof will reduce some nose. Rolling overhead is pain in the butt
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #364
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here are the few pics I have. I made it, then ditched it for a real one

Yes, this is Liner on it:

I was very surprised at how smooth the liner was on it.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #365
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

If you plan to coat wood I highly recommend you seal it first to minimize the use of the liner and you will get it to look great in much fewer coats. Chassis Saver works well as a sealer or just 2 - 3 coats of clear polyurethane varnish like Minwax or even the catalyzed varnish you work with. Just light sand final coat of sealer material before liner
Unread 03-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #366
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

wow, THX for the snappy responses!
I am kind of worried now that two gallons will not be enough to cover that much space though. A wagoneer is LONG (check it out on the jeep registry). Do you have a coverage by Sq Ft estimate (rough guess even) yet or is this still in the "pioneering" stage as far as that goes?

- Luckrider, thanks for the pics , I've taken notes. I have access to some very expensive automated equipment, so I will design something cool and take advantage of that and post some pics later.
Unread 03-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #367
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I am kind of worried now that two gallons will not be enough to cover that much space though. A wagoneer is LONG (check it out on the jeep registry). Do you have a coverage by Sq Ft estimate (rough guess even) yet or is this still in the "pioneering" stage as far as that goes?

- Luckrider, thanks for the pics , I've taken notes. I have access to some very expensive automated equipment, so I will design something cool and take advantage of that and post some pics later.
Monstaliner covers 60 sq gt per gallon in 2 coats
Unread 03-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #368
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

That sounds awesome. I kind of just made that one day and had it sitting around. I was thinking about getting some automotive carpet to cover it with, but then decided to try lining it when I saw that I had some enough left over. That might still be sitting in the garage, but I doubt it.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #369
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Monstaliner covers 60 sq gt per gallon in 2 coats
Sweet! my Tub is about 5 x 10 so a gallon for the tub and a gallon for the liner will be perfect with a little bit left over for a console and a couple of other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
That sounds awesome. I kind of just made that one day and had it sitting around. I was thinking about getting some automotive carpet to cover it with, but then decided to try lining it when I saw that I had some enough left over. That might still be sitting in the garage, but I doubt it.
I'll start a new thread on this puppy when I get back from vegas next week
Unread 03-29-2011, 06:29 AM   #370
Reo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wow great work, looks like this stuff works out pretty well. Better than my 600 dollar quote!

-Magnetman, how long is the paint good for if left unopened untouched for? I would like to purchase monstaliner, plus cannot miss out on this great promo.
Reo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 07:39 AM   #371
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reo View Post
Wow great work, looks like this stuff works out pretty well. Better than my 600 dollar quote!

-Magnetman, how long is the paint good for if left unopened untouched for? I would like to purchase monstaliner, plus cannot miss out on this great promo.
1 year minimum. Store in room temp to cool temp.
I've had cans that stayed good for more than 2 years
Unread 03-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #372
Reo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

1 Year not bad!
Reo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #373
jimaug87
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I pulled out everything but the driver's seat and seatbelt yesterday, masking everything off today, then paint on Saturday.

I don't have time to read all of these pages, so I'm sorry if this has been coverered. What was the method you used while painting the tub? Back to front, top to bottom, ect . . .?
gut-jeep.jpg

Unread 04-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #374
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimaug87 View Post
I pulled out everything but the driver's seat and seatbelt yesterday, masking everything off today, then paint on Saturday.

I don't have time to read all of these pages, so I'm sorry if this has been coverered. What was the method you used while painting the tub? Back to front, top to bottom, ect . . .?
My opinion from 2 jeeps done myself: Go from front to back starting up under dash, behind pedals and down front floor boards to where the fronts of seats were. Stop there and do all other tight and hard to reach areas. Then pick up where you left off on front floor and proceed through to back.

Just break it up in sections. Side walls in back first, then floor

LuckRider, what you say? You did 2 jeeps as well
Unread 04-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #375
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Agreed, It works out really well going front to back. I hit behind the pedals, around the transmission tunnel, the crossmember thing that sticks up where the seat bolts to, and below the doors first. You can get to all of that through the doors, then go sit in the rear and get to all of the other spots up front that you couldn't reach from the sides. The back is the easiest part because of how flat it is.

Tags
install , liner , monstaliner , write-up , writeup

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.