Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #241
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skey View Post
Eric (i.e. Magnetman) (Luckrider too, since you are the man) I am doing install this week. I am going to use Chassis Saver on rust places in driver's floorpan. Do I scuff entire Jeep, MEK, and then apply Saver? Do I just wire brush floorpan, apply Saver, then scuff rest of Jeep, and them MEK? What is best order to go in? How long do I wit between Saver and Monsta? Thanks.

I will post pics before and after.
Clean dirt first from floor pan areas then scuff and MEK wipe then apply CS.
While you wait for it to dry, scuff the rest of tub and then MEK wipe.
Minimum of 4 or 6 hours before applying Monstaliner over CS.
As long as it's not very sticky you can coat over it.

Looking forward to your photos.

Where in Alabama are you?

Regards
MagnetMan

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #242
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

The Promo

MONSTALINER PROMO EXTENDED THRU SEPT 26th
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #243
skey
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I am in Odenville, Alabama. It is about 30 minutes Northeast of Birmingham. Thanks for info. i got email a while back for input. I will send as soon as done.
skey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #244
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I am in Odenville, Alabama. It is about 30 minutes Northeast of Birmingham. Thanks for info. i got email a while back for input. I will send as soon as done.
My wife is from Cullman.
Unread 08-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #245
skey
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Small world. My Uncle lives in West Point. Good friends in Bremen & Hanceville.
skey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #246
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is a good plan if you are only throwing chassis saver on a few rust spots. When I did the Rubi (so the Jeep not pictured in this thread), I had to wash out the whole tub because there was this nasty yellow smoker residue on it. A quick cleaning with some simple green should do you well.

If you are planning on doing the whole tub with chassis saver, clean scuff and MEK before the chassis saver. Then follow the recommended times for coats (I believe it is wait 3 hours and no more than 24 to avoid scuffing again) and lay down the liner.

West Point might be a little far from MagnetMan, but it is about a 40 minute ride for me. Small world it is.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #247
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Plan on ordering early this week, sent a pm to magnet man. Does anyone know if this kit comes in grey?

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 11:27 PM   #248
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sadly not yet. I have heard of the issues with the colors, and to be honest, it sounds like less of a pain than it must be. The promo has been extended into September though.

I must ask, what is the big hype with gray? I can understand colors in general, but why gray?
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #249
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have a white jeep with a grey interior not really looking to put black in not that it would look bad tho.

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #250
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you get up to Huntsville, I have the Monstaliner installed and you're welcome to look it over. It's holding up REALLY well! Sure is nice not worrying about mildewing carpet any more!
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 07:18 AM   #251
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
My wife is from Cullman.
You still need to get down here and wheel Stony Lonesome out there in Cullman. We have a group of people going there Labor Day weekend.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #252
jr03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

How does spraying with undercoat gun compare to rolling, is texture about the same? I want to try Monstaliner but haven't decided if I should roll it or spray or a little of both
jr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #253
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
You still need to get down here and wheel Stony Lonesome out there in Cullman. We have a group of people going there Labor Day weekend.
I won't get down there again until Christmas. I contact you before then and we can meet up for lunch. My father-inlaw works in Huntsville for Reed Contracting/Asphalt so I get over there as well.
Unread 08-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #254
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr03 View Post
How does spraying with undercoat gun compare to rolling, is texture about the same? I want to try Monstaliner but haven't decided if I should roll it or spray or a little of both
I'll double post as well for those that may not be following the vendor thread:

Thickness is pretty similar and I only say that not from measuring thickness but from how much coverage I got when rolling a job vs spraying.

I'll tell you straight though, I have 2 large bed panels in my warehouse that I rolled and sprayed a few months ago on the same day. If it was not for the holes in the corners of the sprayed panels that I used to hang them, even I have a hard time telling them apart. The roller texture is really amazing if you take your time and make sure you look for any overlap marks before you walk away from it and say done.

Another thing if anyone is leaning towards spray vs rolling. Spraying is a real pain. I thought it would be better to spray as well just to see what it was like. Rolling, even though it takes a bit longer to do is actually faster considering all the masking and cover-up you need to do when spraying.

It's one thing if you have a regular shop and do this every day to spray but as a one time thing, rolling is really the way to go.

This is just my personal opinion but I have a lot of experience so take it just as advice from what I have seen and done.
Unread 08-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #255
WILLY348
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
That is a good plan if you are only throwing chassis saver on a few rust spots. When I did the Rubi (so the Jeep not pictured in this thread), I had to wash out the whole tub because there was this nasty yellow smoker residue on it. A quick cleaning with some simple green should do you well.

If you are planning on doing the whole tub with chassis saver, clean scuff and MEK before the chassis saver. Then follow the recommended times for coats (I believe it is wait 3 hours and no more than 24 to avoid scuffing again) and lay down the liner.

West Point might be a little far from MagnetMan, but it is about a 40 minute ride for me. Small world it is.
I think you could be MagnetMan's wing man Like Mr.Blaine for Vanco

You know quite a bit about his product/the process to do it.. not saying its a bad thing.. its very informative
WILLY348 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install , liner , monstaliner , write-up , writeup

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.