Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #166
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

AHHHHHHH!!!! i can't believe i started looking for the perfect liner kit to paint my entire tub with the day after an awesome deal ends. great build and awesome offer magnetman. i was looking at ultra tuff because it comes in od green and desert tan (military themed frame off resto) but after reading this thread i may just have had my mind changed.
great lookin interior now luckrider.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:32 PM   #167
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Man

They should have more word on colors this week. Check out the intro thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/i...-liner-875162/

As for the offer, they are still doing free shipping and a free quart of chassis saver, but holdouts for colors are supposed to get some form of deal too. Good luck with the frame off resto. That is truly a project of love.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #168
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

MONSTA Promo Extended

Promo has been extended thru May 16th
magnetman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 12:44 PM   #169
baron
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered kits for both my TJ and Ram Pickup... Thanks for extending the Promo...
Unread 04-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #170
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

well i'm sold on Monstaliner. since getting out of the marines last january i have been wanting to do a military jeep. i bought my rust bucket (see build thread below) drove it last summer and now she is well on her way. if i am taking her down to the frame i only want to do it once. this looks like the product for me. thanks again magnetman for your awesome promotions for JF members and great PR work. also another thumbs up to you luckrider for the heads up about the color options coming soon! as soon as the color options are available i promise to be one of the eager many in line (as long as the wife lets me spend the cash).

5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.

Last edited by mike_breaker_5; 04-28-2010 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: forgot luckriders name in kudos.
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #171
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
well i'm sold on Monstaliner. since getting out of the marines last january i have been wanting to do a military jeep. i bought my rust bucket (see build thread below) drove it last summer and now she is well on her way. if i am taking her down to the frame i only want to do it once. this looks like the product for me. thanks again magnetman for your awesome promotions for JF members and great PR work. also another thumbs up to you for the heads up about the color options coming soon! as soon as the color options are available i promise to be one of the eager many in line (as long as the wife lets me spend the cash).
Thanks for the encouragement, looking forward to helping you with the resto project.

Regards
MagnetMan
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #172
J03_TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Okay, I've been following and reading on this most the way through. I am thinking of doing my truck bed. I have never had a bedliner but due to some rust on my new truck bed (dripped brake fluid areas) I am getting to a point of doing something. How does this stuff really hold up to abuse. Sorry all I read on the net is Line-X is the toughest stuff, but being a DIY kind of person, this stuff sounds pretty good. Anybody with some more life on the product have any comments?
J03_TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #173
FOGHORNCJ7
1984 CJ7 

This is a great write up! The finished product is great....
makes me regret the hurculiner crap i used haha!
FOGHORNCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #174
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J03_TJ View Post
Okay, I've been following and reading on this most the way through. I am thinking of doing my truck bed. I have never had a bedliner but due to some rust on my new truck bed (dripped brake fluid areas) I am getting to a point of doing something. How does this stuff really hold up to abuse. Sorry all I read on the net is Line-X is the toughest stuff, but being a DIY kind of person, this stuff sounds pretty good. Anybody with some more life on the product have any comments?
Monstaliner is different than Line-X. Film thickness is about 1/3. It is really tough stuff but will not stand up to what a "polyurea" liner can withstand.

What do you use your pickup for? What goes on in your truck bed?
Unread 04-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #175
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

magnet what type of gun, pressure, and cfm would you suggest for a spray on application, and what is used for thinner? i have access to pure M.E.K. and Toluene or the 2 in a 50/50 mix. would they be viable as a thinner? if so in what ratios should they be mixed?

Unread 04-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #176
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
magnet what type of gun, pressure, and cfm would you suggest for a spray on application, and what is used for thinner? i have access to pure M.E.K. and Toluene or the 2 in a 50/50 mix. would they be viable as a thinner? if so in what ratios should they be mixed?
About 5%-8% M.E.K. in the liner, and it should spray like mayo. You need a shutz gun to spray it (also known as an undercoating gun).
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 04-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #177
J03_TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Monstaliner is different than Line-X. Film thickness is about 1/3. It is really tough stuff but will not stand up to what a "polyurea" liner can withstand.

What do you use your pickup for? What goes on in your truck bed?
Mostly groceries and stuff regularly. occasionally a generator and an RV battery or two and some camping gear as well. I do go camping and occasionally throw some wood into it on camp fire hunts as well. Like I said, I have no experience with liners, but don't want to have to touch it up either due to scarring?
J03_TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #178
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you read my full review (in this thread), I had no problems with a generator or other abuse.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/monstaliner-full-install-write-up-901675/index8.html#post8746552
Unread 05-02-2010, 08:55 PM   #179
baron
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I finished Monstaliner tub upgrade and am very happy with the results. Thanks to Magnetman an JF members for responding to my questions.

Slideshow

Notes:
Make sure all surface rust and prep work is done prior to application. I missed a spot and will monitor it in the future.

Foam earplugs can be cut in half to protect the threads in the holes for seat and hardware mounting points.

Thanks must go to LuckRider as the aforementioned seat belt issue was averted without any issues.

I fortunately had a climate and weather controlled space to attack this task. It was a cool dry and windy day outside for the prep work on Wednesday. Then on Thursday I bumped up the temp to 70F and within 5 hours the 2nd coat was applied.
In addition I ordered a new carpet and floor mats to go with the latest upgrades... Be here soon and pics to follow.
Unread 05-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #180
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great man

Tags
install , liner , monstaliner , write-up , writeup

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.