Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-27-2010, 12:33 AM   #151
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I agree 100%. You will almost never sell. There is this one little parts store in town that mixes PPG paints, and they have cans everywhere of mixed paint. It is a mess because once they mix it, it usually sits with most of it still in there.
We have a few thousand gallons like that

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 03:26 PM   #152
BenchTT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Order placed. Where is everyone getting the MEK? Local paint store? Can I just use acetone?
BenchTT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #153
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchTT View Post
Order placed. Where is everyone getting the MEK? Local paint store? Can I just use acetone?
Ace Hardware.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #154
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchTT View Post
Avoid acetone. Too flammable and it evaporates way too fast. MEK is best.
Also no lacquer thinner or alcohol.

Also get MEK at Home Depot or Lowes paint dept

Remember you are wiping surfaces to remove any waxes or tar and also the dust created by scuffing.
Wiping before and after scuff sanding is not a bad thing.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #155
D-BOI
2001 XJ Cherokee 

ok so im looking to purchase a bedliner for the underside of my xj and the underside of my doors, the thing is why would one pay 135 for this kit when u pol is only 99 bucks shipped on ebay. dont mean to be an arse just trying to learn more
D-BOI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2010, 02:27 AM   #156
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-BOI View Post
ok so im looking to purchase a bedliner for the underside of my xj and the underside of my doors, the thing is why would one pay 135 for this kit when u pol is only 99 bucks shipped on ebay. dont mean to be an arse just trying to learn more
This stuff is thicker and easier to clean. It can be sprayed with a shutz gun or rolled with the supplied roller. It supports our JF vendor. Made in America from a company in the coating and application business since 1915. Great customer service.

The biggest thing in my mind is the quality of the product. If you check out the Monstaliner Vendor Display, there is a lot of information. It is hard to describe the difference with Monsta because of how different it was designed.

Here is the Intro Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/i...-liner-875162/
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #157
greensaharatj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

First off, I love the write up LuckRider. Now for my question, I'm probably going to order this kit because of the free shipping and free chassis saver promotion, but I am wanting to go ahead and do my fender flares at the same time. Will the 1gal kit be enough to do the whole tub with two coats plus all four flares?
2003 Jeep TJ w/RC 3.25 lift rockin 35x12.50r15 Dunlop Mud Rovers on Crager Soft 8's, Currie HD Steering system, Delta Quad-Bar headlights, KC 55watt fogs, 130watt long range KC daylighters on the windshield, Smittybilt Tube Fenders, Smittybilt X20 10k Winch, Poison Spyder front Stinger--future stuff, SYE/CV Driveshaft, Rear corner armor, Engine/Oil skid, Tummy Tuck
Don't forget to wave :wave:
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109"]TJ Tech BOOT CAMP[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/acronym-list-472282/"]Acronym List[/URL]
greensaharatj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #158
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you look at my can, I had plenty left over for some extra stuff. Just don't forget to follow the guidelines for coating plastic. If you have questions, ask MagnetMan. I do know that you will need bulldog adhesion promoter.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 04-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #159
irocz3489
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensaharatj View Post
First off, I love the write up LuckRider. Now for my question, I'm probably going to order this kit because of the free shipping and free chassis saver promotion, but I am wanting to go ahead and do my fender flares at the same time. Will the 1gal kit be enough to do the whole tub with two coats plus all four flares?
Yes if you look at my post (#134 on page 9) i did all of flares and the 2 coats. There's a pic of how they came out too. I still had some left over after all that as well
irocz3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #160
greensaharatj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome, thanks for the responses. Hopefully I'll get to do this in the next week or two, may have to wait till a three day weekend from school though
2003 Jeep TJ w/RC 3.25 lift rockin 35x12.50r15 Dunlop Mud Rovers on Crager Soft 8's, Currie HD Steering system, Delta Quad-Bar headlights, KC 55watt fogs, 130watt long range KC daylighters on the windshield, Smittybilt Tube Fenders, Smittybilt X20 10k Winch, Poison Spyder front Stinger--future stuff, SYE/CV Driveshaft, Rear corner armor, Engine/Oil skid, Tummy Tuck
Don't forget to wave :wave:
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109"]TJ Tech BOOT CAMP[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/acronym-list-472282/"]Acronym List[/URL]
greensaharatj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #161
baron
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Has anyone used it for a bed liner? Also, does it harden or stay rubber-like (sp?)
Unread 04-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #162
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hard like a plastic It was originally designed as a bed liner, and I believe FireKite is going to be using it in his Ford.

It has a great feel that isn't quite as plastic like as a plastic, but it definitely isn't rubbery. If I have to equate it to something familiar, look at the soft top of a Jeep and you should find those rubber foam things on the bows. The outer part of those foam pieces are very smooth. Monstaliner is kind of like that if that were hard.
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #163
baron
1999 TJ Wrangler 

thanks... I just sent a PM to magnetman and this looks to be my next TJ and Dodge Ram projects...
Unread 04-21-2010, 02:18 AM   #164
Azar
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Would 1 gallon be enough for an interior of an XJ? Guessing probably not?
Azar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2010, 06:22 AM   #165
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It is hard to say. I think you would get a better answer in the Vendor Display because I believe there have been a XJs that have done it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/i...-liner-875162/

Tags
install , liner , monstaliner , write-up , writeup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.