Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Monstaliner: A Full Install Write-Up

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #136
Spagent
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looks awesome man! Thats my plan for the spring!

Spagent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 09:57 PM   #137
irocz3489
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Looks good. What made you decide to tape of the rear seat brackets rather than take them off? It is only a couple of bolts.
aaah I knew I was going to take a beating for that by someone. My roommate and I were taking everything out of the inside with no problems until these. We got one of the brackets off but the other 3 were giving us a lot of trouble.

He ended up stripping the head of one bolt. So, I figured it wouldn't be that big of an issue to just tape them all off. I took a look at how they came out and it looks fine to me so I guess it worked out.
irocz3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #138
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am not beating you about it. I was just wondering. It sounds like you either used a cheap set of torx bits, or you used the wrong size. It all looks good though. Give us updates on the fender flares. I wimped out and skipped them.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 10:12 PM   #139
irocz3489
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Haha no its alright. Yea the set I have wasn't too expensive so that was probably it.

I've been wanting to line my flares for a while now so I'm pumped to see how they hold up. I never really liked the idea of spray paint on them (seems like it would chip off after a short while....I know some people swear by it). This stuff seems thick and sticky enough for the challenge though. Plus they absolutely add a new bad*** look to the Jeep. I've already got a ton of comments on them.

But, I will be sure to keep everyone posted on how they hold up to weather, stones/bugs from driving, etc
irocz3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 07:10 AM   #140
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyjeep View Post
Great writeup and good deal from monstaliner. Just purchased before the special offer runs out. Planning on doing the entire tub of my 4 door JK when I swap out the seats for some mastercrafts. Thanks for the forum for the writeup and manufacture for the special deal!!!
When does the special offer run out? Trying to get approval from the CFO to make this purchase and it sometimes takes a while.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #141
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
When does the special offer run out? Trying to get approval from the CFO to make this purchase and it sometimes takes a while.
I believe it was Yesterday. Talk to MagnetMan to confirm.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #142
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I believe it was Yesterday. Talk to MagnetMan to confirm.
The discount coupons listed in the promo will still work until 3-31-10
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #143
BigDogTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm stoked LuckRider!!!! I finally ordered the one gallon kit and the weather looks pretty stable over the next couple weeks (no more blizzards in March!). Would love to see some pics and reviews/thoughs on how this stuff did on fender flares, cause mine are old and nasty gray looking.
BigDogTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #144
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would too. I wimped out and skipped them, but I know someone else did it. Just make sure to follow the guidelines that MagnetMan set out. I am not sure how well it will stick without an adhesion promoter. I know the liner peeled out of the roller tray when it dried.
Unread 03-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #145
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm still waiting to be contacted through the website. At least I got my sample finally.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #146
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
I'm still waiting to be contacted through the website. At least I got my sample finally.
Did I miss something?
Was I supposed to contact you?

Edit, sorry I got it now. You are Mr. Impact Orange
Unread 03-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #147
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was about to ask the same thing... MagnetMan, you did say that was going to be one of the colors right?

All I can say is that this plus a ZJ tie-rod upgrade are the first 2 things I am doing to my next Jeep. Then I think I will have to climb under there sometime this summer. There is not a single Jeep here that had zero rust like my last one.

Eric, I am pretty sure I will be contacting you for a can of chassis saver. From all the good words I am hearing about it from other customers, I think it is well worth the money over regular oil based paint.
Unread 03-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #148
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I was about to ask the same thing... MagnetMan, you did say that was going to be one of the colors right?

All I can say is that this plus a ZJ tie-rod upgrade are the first 2 things I am doing to my next Jeep. Then I think I will have to climb under there sometime this summer. There is not a single Jeep here that had zero rust like my last one.

Eric, I am pretty sure I will be contacting you for a can of chassis saver. From all the good words I am hearing about it from other customers, I think it is well worth the money over regular oil based paint.
I will make him Impact Orange but it will only be custom order. Once we have a formula for a color there is no need to make them ready mixed. Most colors will be made to order. Anything that proves to be a regular mover we can always make pre-tinted batches.

When we have this product placed with dealers they will only stock the tintable base since it makes no sense to stock colors you have no idea when you will sell.

I've spoken to many auto paint dealers about factory pack colors and they all say NO WAY, we don't want that.
Unread 03-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #149
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I will make him Impact Orange but it will only be custom order. Once we have a formula for a color there is no need to make them ready mixed. Most colors will be made to order. Anything that proves to be a regular mover we can always make pre-tinted batches.

When we have this product placed with dealers they will only stock the tintable base since it makes no sense to stock colors you have no idea when you will sell.

I've spoken to many auto paint dealers about factory pack colors and they all say NO WAY, we don't want that.
I agree 100%. You will almost never sell. There is this one little parts store in town that mixes PPG paints, and they have cans everywhere of mixed paint. It is a mess because once they mix it, it usually sits with most of it still in there.
Unread 03-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #150
jeepmare
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Great write up!!
jeepmare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
install , liner , monstaliner , write-up , writeup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.