Modern classic flat fender alternatives - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Modern classic flat fender alternatives

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 02-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Modern classic flat fender alternatives

I really like the look and idea of a plastic flat fender and really like the looks, but $300+ bucks for what it is seems awful high.

Does anyone else make something like that?

Sent from my TJ

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
stwilson74

2005 LJ Wrangler 

If you like them they are probably worth the money, I wheel with a guy that cracked his in a roll and they stood by their warranty, replaced his for some well earned damage. They hold up to normal wheeling stuff really well.
"Betsy" 2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara Edition #603 of 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
I like having my panties in a wad though, because when I get DW they rub me in just the right way! :D Wadded panties plus DW equals Jeepgasm! :D :kiss:
stwilson74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Call them and see if they have any blems you may get a deal on a set of those.
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I bought blems and I cant find anything wrong with them . They are pretty unique in their looks and function and they arent cheap . You can get a similar look by cutting your fenders flat and that wont cost you much at all other than some turn signals . But when you brush up against a tree the MCE is going to spring back and the stock fender wont .
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
I bought blems and I cant find anything wrong with them . They are pretty unique in their looks and function and they arent cheap . You can get a similar look by cutting your fenders flat and that wont cost you much at all other than some turn signals . But when you brush up against a tree the MCE is going to spring back and the stock fender wont .
Already trimmed the flares, and have considered the hack job to the fenders, but don't think it will look "finished". If they're the only ones doing something like that, I uses they can charge whatever they want.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

With a little work you can get a finished look out of the stock fenders .
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
George Dickel

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
I really like the look and idea of a plastic flat fender and really like the looks, but $300+ bucks for what it is seems awful high.

Sent from my TJ
Almost 4 years after my restore/build, I finally ordered the Flat Flares this morning. I too had an aversion to dropping the big $$$ on plastic flares but found the Bushwackers that Q/T wants $490 for $379 on Amazon with free shipping. So I bit the bullet, saved the $120 and will sport the high dollar stuff but not without searching high and low for an alternative. Seems like a void in the marketplace for a more practical solution if you ask me...
12 Counterweight 258 Crank (cut snout-casting #3214723), Sealed Power +.030 Hypereutectic Pistons, 5.875" Connecting Rods, CompCams 68-231-4, Ported/Polished Head, Edelbrock Header, 24# Ford Blue-top Injectors, 63mm bored OEM Throttle Body, Port matched Intake, Autolite Platinum plugs, Accel Coil, LiveWires Distributor & Wires, Centerforce Clutch, Hurst Shifter, modified Mustang GT Air Cannister - CAI, 18" Magnaflow and 2 1/2" exhaust, Balanced Rotating Assembly, Custom PCM tune.
Yeah, I built it!

Exhaust clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwUOa...ature=youtu.be

'04 Mustang GT, 4.6L
Light modifications

Read more, Post less, Search often
George Dickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #8
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Dickel

Almost 4 years after my restore/build, I finally ordered the Flat Flares this morning. I too had an aversion to dropping the big $$$ on plastic flares but found the Bushwackers that Q/T wants $490 for $379 on Amazon with free shipping. So I bit the bullet, saved the $120 and will sport the high dollar stuff but not without searching high and low for an alternative. Seems like a void in the marketplace for a more practical solution if you ask me...
If only I knew anything about plastics... They canned that class at my high school before I was able to take it.

Sent from my TJ
- Samuel Adams
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

With a little work you can get a finished look out of the stock fenders .
Now that looks good!
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Yeap its your nuts that giving you the trouble here...... Get the right ones
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #10
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post

Sent from my TJ
I agree the price is very high for a few strips of plastic and a ton of trimming of your old fender. But unless you fab/DIY, then thats about as cheap as it gets for a hiline style alternative to fit larger tires. Most of the aftermarket hiline fenders run double that price and up.......
GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #11
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
I agree the price is very high for a few strips of plastic and a ton of trimming of your old fender. But unless you fab/DIY, then thats about as cheap as it gets for a hiline style alternative to fit larger tires. Most of the aftermarket hiline fenders run double that price and up.......
MCEs are flat but they are not hilines
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #12
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
MCEs are flat but they are not hilines
They way they are setup and "gutted" and clear much larger tires I would consider them a hiline style fender, even though they use the original hood. Same with the bolt on MC's........you know how many times Ive been approached asking where I got my hilines? It is what it is. They look the part, and technically have basically the same functionality as well too. But I know they technically aren't.
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #13
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
They way they are setup and "gutted" and clear much larger tires I would consider them a hiline style fender, even though they use the original hood. Same with the bolt on MC's........you know how many times Ive been approached asking where I got my hilines? It is what it is. They look the part, and technically have basically the same functionality as well too. But I know they technically aren't.
Now you want to argue about what is a hiline? Not interested. I know what hiline means to me (and I'd suggest to 99% of the rest of the people on JF). If you want it to mean something different to you, knock yourself out.
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #14
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Now you want to argue about what is a hiline? Not interested. I know what hiline means to me (and I'd suggest to 99% of the rest of the people on JF). If you want it to mean something different to you, knock yourself out.
You don't read well do you? I stated Hiline STYLE fender. Thats what they are. I said that twice now, did I ever state they ARE hiline fenders? NO. Thats what MCE deems them as well. Are you really just trying to start a silly argument over nothing........again?
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You don't read well do you? I stated Hiline STYLE fender. Thats what they are. I said that twice now, did I ever state they ARE hiline fenders? NO. Thats what MCE deems them as well. Are you really just trying to start a silly argument over nothing........again?
WTF, hiline style?

MCE calls them a FLATTY fender.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.