model year exhaust differences - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > model year exhaust differences

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-25-2005, 08:48 AM   #1
BostonJeep

model year exhaust differences

Ok so I'm planning on getting rid of the flowmaster exhaust on my '04 that the previous owner had installed. I liked it at first, but as a daily driver its getting old. I want to avoid the dealer for parts and figured Midas could give me something close to the stock system since its just a cat-back, but when they asked what year I had they were like, "oh you'll probably have to go to the dealer for that since each year is different" Did the exhaust systems really differ that much, if at all, between different years?

Unread 07-25-2005, 09:02 AM   #2
goofus
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Starting in 2000, by the 2.5 and 4.0 switched over to a flange style connector between the outlet of the catalyitc converter and inlet to the muffler. Previously in was just a straight pipe with a u-clamp.

2000+ is all the same, both engines.
2000 SE
1997 XJ
85 FJ-60
goofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2005, 10:49 AM   #3
BostonJeep

Ok thanks a lot. I figured there may be a slight difference at some point between all the years, but not every single model year. Any one have an idea of how much it would cost for a stock cat back system? I wanna get rid of the flowmaster some time soon.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.