Missing Parts? - 2004 TJ interior question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Missing Parts? - 2004 TJ interior question

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Jeep JK Wrangler NEW Heat Reducing Performance Vented HoodARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 10-27-2004, 08:20 PM   #1
hawleyrw

Missing Parts? - 2004 TJ interior question

I've had my TJ for about 10 days, just today noticing the black, plastic panel which covers the area just under the door (front to back - larger on the front). I noticed no such panel on the passenger side...is this normal?

hawleyrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2004, 08:21 PM   #2
WRFD17

look on quadratec for an entry guard, see if it looks like that.

N R A JEEP Club # 1
Blue Jeep Club Member #57
Firefighting Jeep Club #4
M.W.J.T.
WRFD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2004, 08:28 PM   #3
hawleyrw

No, this is a black panel just UNDER the door frame lip which runs from the front (larger at the front - about 4-6" square), narrows as the door frame starts to about 2" square to run toward the back under the door frame.

Just curious as hell...was going to drive by the dealer tomorrow and check out another new one.
Unread 10-27-2004, 08:55 PM   #4
WRFD17

Is this inside the Jeep ?? if so passenger side should be parts for your jack, drivers side has wiring I think ???? pics ??

N R A JEEP Club # 1
Blue Jeep Club Member #57
Firefighting Jeep Club #4
M.W.J.T.
WRFD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2004, 08:57 PM   #5
silverstone01

I think you are talking about a molding that hides the wiring?? (under the door and extends to in front on the kick panel)
silverstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2004, 02:06 AM   #6
Mazinkaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawleyrw
I've had my TJ for about 10 days, just today noticing the black, plastic panel which covers the area just under the door (front to back - larger on the front). I noticed no such panel on the passenger side...is this normal?
Dude you are not missing anything. I know what black plastic cover you are talking about. There is one nest to the heel of your left foot. There is NOT one on the passenger side.
1" M.O.R.E. BL
33 Engineering t-case skid
1" Seat lifts by Randy Buchanan (805)642-1376
All J Products Rear bumper
Tuffy Glove Box

[B][COLOR=White]Polish Jeep[/COLOR] [color=red]Owners Club[/color] [size=4][color=blue]#10[/B][/size][/color]
[B][COLOR=Blue]Blue Jeep Club Member [SIZE=4]#111[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
Mazinkaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2004, 05:45 AM   #7
TJinWV
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstone01
I think you are talking about a molding that hides the wiring?? (under the door and extends to in front on the kick panel)
I'm pretty sure that's what he's talking about.
Unread 10-28-2004, 05:55 AM   #8
jdlawhon

Hehe. I know exactly what black panel you're talking about, and no, there's just that one to cover the wiring. I thought I was missing one, too, until I figured ot what it was for.
Unread 10-28-2004, 06:04 AM   #9
BillArf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawleyrw
No, nothing missing. You have one on the drivers side that covers wiring and the wiper fluid tubing to the rear window if you have a hardtop. The passenger side has no such wiring or wiper fluid tubing so no plastic cover is placed there during manufacturing.
BillArf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2004, 07:55 AM   #10
hawleyrw

Thanks everyone! I noticed it last night when I looked over, and saw what looked like a mount point (small flange hanging down from the door frame with a hole in it). It made me look at the drivers side where I saw the cover...just made me REALLY curious.

Thanks again...

Rich
Bestop soft doors
Viper Alarm system
Former [B][COLOR=Red]YJ 2.5L owner [/B][/COLOR] (94-00)
[email]rich@hawley.net[/email]
Unread 10-28-2004, 11:50 PM   #11
jster171

I thought the same thing about my 98 Sahara. Not to mention the carpet on the passenger side is trying to fall down now. I've sprayed it with glue and even stuck some velcroe on there, but nothing will hold it up.
jster171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2004, 04:50 AM   #12
julietkilo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yup i am with everyone else its not supposed to be on the passenger side. Its wiring cover for rear electricals and your seat belt light. It covers only on the driver side. Your good to go

Air Force Loadmaster/Air Force Jeep Club [B]#12[/B]
[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/i-am-petersens-4wheel-off-road-magazine-pics-526488/"]Me in Petersons 4-Wheel Off-Road Magazine[/URL]
[/B][/SIZE]
julietkilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2004, 05:05 AM   #13
ProfessorCRX
Web Wheeler

+1

I just got my 2004 Sport and noticed that the night I took it home. I called the dealer the next day and they said there isn't supposed to be a piece there. That's kinda cheezy if you ask me. But whatever. You're not missing anything.
ProfessorCRX is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.