Misfire on cylinder 1 and 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Misfire on cylinder 1 and 6

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
ohwillyb
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Misfire on cylinder 1 and 6

I just had a Jasper motor "4.0" installed in my jeep in march a few weeks ago I started having problems with my jeep running at low speeds it seems to loose power but if i get it on the freeway and get it up to the speed limit its fine. And when it does it I can turn off the jeep and turn it back on and its fine as long as I get it up to freeway speeds. The check Engine light is on an im getting misfire codes from 1 and 6.
My Mechanic has changed the coil packs, cam sensor, and checked the injectors and its still not right so he suggested I take it to the dealer to get the CPU checked and it has came up fine. I have seen this topic discussed here but no answers have yet been provided.

Thanks for the Help.

ohwillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum, and for that symptom I'd probably suspect the camshaft position sensor mounted where the distributor used to be may be out of time. It takes an experienced Jeep tech maybe 20 minutes to check and adjust the timing for that particular sensor.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
jakemnm848
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I had the same problem a few months ago, I replaced plugs, coil, cam sensor, and last not least the PCM. When I would tap on the PCM it would work fine then go to **** again so I figured it was the PCM. Installed a new one and same thing. So I started cuting the covers on all the wiring around the PCM and coil pack and found two wires near the PCM that were shorting out against each other and that was causing it to misfire.
Anyways make sure to check all your wiring before replacing everything. It might save you alot of money.
jakemnm848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
ohwillyb
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It turned out to be a bad motor from jasper, the valve in cylinder 1 wasn't closing all the the way a compression test of cylinder 1 confirmed this and the motor was replaced.
ohwillyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.