misc straps for the jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > misc straps for the jeep?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-16-2005, 08:53 PM   #1
kappaknight
2013 JK Wrangler 

misc straps for the jeep?

What are these straps for? Three of them seem to be able to attach to the roll bar but the other two have two looks at the ends... any ideas? They come with new jeeps (or maybe just the rubi model).

()_)()_)==)_)
kappaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2005, 08:57 PM   #2
blacktjsport
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If I'm not mistaken they are for strapping down the two windshield support bars of the roll bar assembly for when they are removed while folding down the windshield. Someone back me up.

-Parts list keeps growing...
blacktjsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #3
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktjsport
If I'm not mistaken they are for strapping down the two windshield support bars of the roll bar assembly for when they are removed while folding down the windshield. Someone back me up.
That, or for when you roll up the rear window.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
blackZZR

I use them for whateve I need them for, however I think they are for the windsheild and other stuff
blackZZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2005, 11:59 PM   #5
Airbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappaknight
What are these straps for? Three of them seem to be able to attach to the roll bar but the other two have two looks at the ends... any ideas? They come with new jeeps (or maybe just the rubi model).
I think officially, they're for straping down the front windshield to the hood when it's folded down, strapping down the rear seat in the folded down fashion.

I use them to strap my rear seat belts to the roll bar so that they aren't flapping around noisely when I drive on the freeway.
Airbug is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.