MetalCloak or T&T Customs?!? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > MetalCloak or T&T Customs?!?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #31
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
Thanks guys for clearing this up.

I don't regret anything I said, and I do not take anything back. I have the right to know and find out you are who you say you are. And I have my own opinions of how vendors should interact on this forum. I believe Jeepineer should make it more clear that he is with Metalcloak.

Good day to you all.
he made it clear when he said he was. He didnt ask for a photo ID of you did he.

People need to be a little more trusting, Its not like we are on a convict and rapist forum.

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #32
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krughzn View Post
Wow, thanks Matt for clearing that up. Maybe now I can sleep at night.

Freeskier is too cheap to make a phone call so I'm sure he won't be buying MC or TNT fenders ANYtime soon. Not sure why he even posted here.

I've looked at both sets of fenders and I'm going with the MC's. Matt told me the full corner guards are available but not in Aluminum. If you want aluminum, like I do, then Savvy is your best bet.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
I don't need to explain my cheapness, especially when I can PM Metalcloak for free and get an answer (which I did). I also do really love Metalcloak fenders and are budgeted for next summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
he made it clear when he said he was. He didnt ask for a photo ID of you did he.

People need to be a little more trusting, Its not like we are on a convict and rapist forum.
And I will say some people are to trusting, especially on the internet...
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #33
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If money was not an option I would buy AEVs highline hood and tnts highline fenders. I have tnts regular fenders and love em.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:52 PM   #34
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepineer View Post
MetalCloak now has extended corners that go all the way to the door. Contact Matson at MetalCloak
That is awesome to hear, as that it the only part of their design that didn't make sense to me... I'll call Matson tomorrow and check it out. I'd love to have this setup if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCC View Post
Hands down the metal cloak setup, I have been beating the hell out of mine for the past year and they just keep taking the abuse
That's what I've been told by a bunch of people... and if they have indeed fixed the only portion which I didn't like... it only makes sense to lean that direction now. Thanks for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
Ok, so if you are with metalcloak, why don't you have ANY connections to them? You have absolutely NO info on your profile other than "metalcloak engineer". Your not even friends with metalclaok.
freeskier, first I wanna say thanks for chipping in and giving your input on the Savvy armor and the rokmen corners... i will definitely take a look at both.

As for whether or not jeepiner is really a engineer @ MetalCloak or not... who cares? If his input checks out, I'll be ecstatic that he told me about it... with or with out the Vendor account. If it for some reason doesn't check out, I'm in the same boat as I am now with my decision... so no harm done and I'm more informed.

So grab a beer, chill, and stay tuned for what I hear from Matson when I call him tomorrow.

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #35
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93
Thanks guys for clearing this up.

I don't regret anything I said, and I do not take anything back. I have the right to know and find out you are who you say you are. And I have my own opinions of how vendors should interact on this forum. I believe Jeepineer should make it more clear that he is with Metalcloak.

Good day to you all.
I think he made it pretty damn clear. Hell, even offered you a t-shirt if you called the company and talked to him. Don't be such a ******bag.

On topic, I've got MC fenders with Savvy armor. Any ww2ww rockers need to be trimmed when used with MC fenders but it's not a big deal. The install of the fenders is very easy & straightforward. The only time I had a question about the MC, I received immediate responses from both Matsonian AND Jeepineer. Both were very helpful.
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #36
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

haha, well damn! I was on my iphone earlier and it was only showing me the first page's worth of stuff.... now I feel dumb with my last post ^^^^.... as everything has already been answered.

After looking at this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
As for the original question of this thread... we do indeed have full corners which you can see on this pic from another jeepforum thread...

However, as jeepineer mentioned, we take longer to release products because we want to be sure that #1 - they fit well, #2 - the instructions are complete and #3 - our inventory can handle the flood of orders.

It is simply how we handle every new product release. It may seem slow, but it ensures our quality remains where you expect it to be.

My answer is clear since this is EXACTLY what I want. I will be buying this full setup in the next couple of weeks.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR INPUT!

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #37
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I like my tnt's. And if you are running a winch and ****, you will upgrade the battery anyways. It's not that big of a deal. I've beat on my tnt's plenty, and they've been just fine. I personally don't like the metalcloaks, but I don't think the TNT front fenders can be beat. I originally got the 4.5" flare, but ended up cutting them back and bending new tube to follow the hoodline. I like them much better now. There's pics in my build thread. It's "the pumpkinators build thread".

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #38
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I LOL'd when I read this.

Let's recap:
Yes Metal Cloak makes great stuff and is in the top tier of customer service
Yes Jeepineer works there
No he did not use the corporate account
Yes there are other vendors that have partners that do not use the corporate username (mrbling or mrsomethingoranother, I can't remember but it is a prominent example)

Deep breath in, deep breath out.

Relax.

That Jeep Matson linked the pic of looks awesome.
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #39
ThomasYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wow.. this took a direction I, nor anyone else, was expecting! But the end result was positive. After wiping the drool off the keyboard when i saw the picture linked by matson.. im definitely going MC as well. I had seen the Overlines(?) on DaFuzz's build and I loved em; but now that MC's offering full rear armor, IM IN!!
ThomasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #40
Hondo782
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was glad to see this thread I have been going back and forth on the MC or the T&T fenders set up . Both have some great options for sure . The MC guys really back what they sell and I like the videos and the backing both online and over the phone they give is really great I wish every company would try to work as hard as metal cloak to serve thier customers . I like the look of the T & T frone fenders better , I do not know why it just looks more jeep like to me , I think I am in the same boat as the OP that I also do not want to cut my hood and the overlines and the arched MC s are a great option . One other thing is with the MC products you can get powder coated or bare steal the T & T i think are only bare steel also the MC you can run no flare off road and put the flares back on to be street legal also being able to change to a wider or smaller flare with out having to change the entire fender is nice . I did like that the T & T sight says they have package deals when you get the rear and front or the rear front and rocker gaurds at one time thats a nice for any one tyrying to stretch the budget and ther fact that the price on the T & T stuff is closer to my price range . I think either way you go you are going to be happy and I think you will have a better looking and better protected jeep .
Hondo782 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #41
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Rod from tnt is a great guy to work with too. FYI I retained my stock battery on my tnt tubes and have no problems with the fit. Wish I could find a tie-down though that fits good.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #42
ff36buell
2004 TJ Wrangler 

One more for TNT all around.....

On 35's
ff36buell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #43
06WranglerX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thank you for the new sig...

I like the look of the metalcloak, if I were in the market to get new fenders. Its the little things for me, like the flairs that can bolt on and off since mine is a DD it be nice going to the trail removing them and then throwing them back on at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Upon further reflection I've decided I've had enough of this BS and you are now on my ignore list.

06 Red Wrangler X 6 speed hard top
Ford 8.8 Detroit locked, 4 inches of lift, 33 inch BFG KM2's and some other stuff.
06WranglerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #44
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I ran TNT fronts, rears, and rockers. I've since removed and sold the rockers simply because I was beating the tube too much and didn't feel like cutting, grinding, bending, and welding on a new one every time I mangled one. As such, I'm moving to Savvy's. As for the front tubes and rear corners... I do like the fronts, and continue to maintain that there is no better front tube fender out there. Period. The rear corners are just typical corners, nothing special. The extended wheelwells are nice, but you can just as easily cut up someone elses corners for the same. I actually recently sold my TNT rears as well because since swapping in much wider axles/wheels the 4.5" flare I had is kinda pointless, and I can just as easily cut blanks to what I need them to be.

I can't see the design on the rears MC posted above, but for me it would simply come down to price, and how well they would match up to whatever kind of rockers you are running. The least amount of work, and lowest price would win.

Also, for the record, TNT can powdercoat as well.

Just some things to think about.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #45
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
I ran TNT fronts, rears, and rockers. I've since removed and sold the rockers simply because I was beating the tube too much and didn't feel like cutting, grinding, bending, and welding on a new one every time I mangled one. As such, I'm moving to Savvy's. As for the front tubes and rear corners... I do like the fronts, and continue to maintain that there is no better front tube fender out there. Period. The rear corners are just typical corners, nothing special. The extended wheelwells are nice, but you can just as easily cut up someone elses corners for the same. I actually recently sold my TNT rears as well because since swapping in much wider axles/wheels the 4.5" flare I had is kinda pointless, and I can just as easily cut blanks to what I need them to be.

I can't see the design on the rears MC posted above, but for me it would simply come down to price, and how well they would match up to whatever kind of rockers you are running. The least amount of work, and lowest price would win.

Also, for the record, TNT can powdercoat as well.

Just some things to think about.
Did you get the bottom nut plate with your rockers from Savvy? your going to want it if you ever plan to change out the slider part. Ive got mine ordered, but Gerald likes to take his time with my orders, im second string in that game.

Your going to like the savvy sliders, the chromoly is going to be pretty hard to munch up.

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.