MetalCloak Clearance Diagrams... MetalCloak vs. Others - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > MetalCloak Clearance Diagrams... MetalCloak vs. Others

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #91
RallyeX
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have the older style Rev111 front 4" fenders and love them. I rolled the Jeep a couple of weeks ago and the fenders held up great. A few scratches but nothing bent.

I don't have any pictures with the tires stuffed up in the fenders, but when they do they work great!

My Jeep is a 2005 TJ Rubicon with Full Traction 6" long arm lift, 35x12.5x15 BFG MT. I am running the Gen-Right rear hi line tube fenders and mini boatside sliders.

Jeff

RallyeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #92
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6 View Post
Hey is there anyone that has a direct head on shot of a Jeep with these fenders without the flare extensions and a 12.50" tire, 33 or 35 doesn't matter, and ~4" of backspacing?
I've been hunting google and the JF picture gallery for the past hour looking for this same thing! Maybe Matsonian has some.
CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #93
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

RallyeX, I'm still in love with your setup. Very nice. It's one of the few Jeeps with a hardtop on it that looked...right...where I could look at it and say, that looks awesome. I normally prefer top down/off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6 View Post
Hey is there anyone that has a direct head on shot of a Jeep with these fenders without the flare extensions and a 12.50" tire, 33 or 35 doesn't matter, and ~4" of backspacing?
I hope to...eventually
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #94
Metalcloak
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyeX View Post
I have the older style Rev111 front 4" fenders and love them. I rolled the Jeep a couple of weeks ago and the fenders held up great. A few scratches but nothing bent.

I don't have any pictures with the tires stuffed up in the fenders, but when they do they work great!

My Jeep is a 2005 TJ Rubicon with Full Traction 6" long arm lift, 35x12.5x15 BFG MT....

Jeff, sorry you rolled her, but those are some awesome pics! Thanks for posting!
Metalcloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #95
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyeX View Post

Was that the on waterfall at Dishpan Springs? Look familar.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #96
Wheat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
Sorry guys for my tardiness, I see there are lots of questions, and I will get to them soon. As for your question Wheat, thank you. There is no difference in clearance. If you look at the first page of this thread, you will see that whether it is 4" or 6", the tire never hits the flare or the tube, so your clearance is the same.
ahh, must have read right over it. Thanks. And that sucks rally, I saw your jeep in another thread and it was beautiful. Fix her up!
Wheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #97
6thelement
2005 TJ Wrangler 

my lights are from a truck stop lol .i think it looks good

Unread 09-02-2009, 02:52 AM   #98
jeepman_82
2005 TJ Wrangler 

metal cloak fender
stock fender
head on comparison shot
my sloution for having signal lights
My Jeep is a stock 05 Rubicon planning a 3.0" Nth lift and 35 ish tires maybe bigger. Love my fenders and recomend them to everyone I see and have had numerous sompliments on them and theyve only been on my jeep for 2 days. Tires are the stock 31" MTRs that now look ridiculous with the much larger wheel wells, and I have the 6" flares on my Jeep.
jeepman_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2009, 05:33 AM   #99
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Fantastic shots! Thanks for sharing those. As someone who hasn't yet seen these in person, that's very helpful

If he doesn't ask you, you might offer matsonian to use those on his site. Great idea for pics.

What's with those headlights? Custom housing? Got a link?
Unread 09-02-2009, 07:02 AM   #100
techna
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, great comparison shots jeepman 82. I needed those because I am staying on my current tires until they are used up. If I stumble on a replacement for my D35 rear I may move up to 35s sooner, but for a while the fenders will be going on a Jeep with 33s and 4" of lift, While it looks like they will SWALLOW the tires, they wont look too out of place.

6thelement,
Is that a little LED you used for a side marker just behind your front fender?

Firekite,
You ordered yours black powder coated right? Did you order just fenders, or fenders and flares? Looking for feedback on delivery time.
techna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #101
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
Fantastic shots! Thanks for sharing those. As someone who hasn't yet seen these in person, that's very helpful

If he doesn't ask you, you might offer matsonian to use those on his site. Great idea for pics.

What's with those headlights? Custom housing? Got a link?
These aren't the exact ones he has but they are similar and look to be even a bit better, I plan on running them when I make the jump to tube fenders . . . . now if only I could make up my mind as to which company and which flare size if any . . . I'm way too indecisive and it's making my Jeep anxious .

colorado custom chrome

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #102
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Are those sealed beam headlights? I've done the IPF H4 conversion with their X4 fatboy xenon bulbs, and I wouldn't want to undo that... But yeah, I think those look great
Unread 09-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #103
jeepman_82
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The headlights are actually for my 53 chev street truck. Got them from Chevs of the 40s Store. THey arent a sealed beam but they are an h4 conversion. Plugs right into the factory harness.
jeepman_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #104
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
Definitely useful shots! I especially like the head on comparison! Thanks for taking the time to do that Eric.

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #105
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by techna View Post
Firekite,
You ordered yours black powder coated right? Did you order just fenders, or fenders and flares? Looking for feedback on delivery time.
Thanks to a rising flow of sales moving inventory out the door (literally as fast as we can put it on the shelf) most products ship within 3 - 5 days if raw metal, and 7 - 10 days if powdercoated.

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak

Last edited by matsonian; 09-03-2009 at 12:19 AM..
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.