MetalCloak Clearance Diagrams... MetalCloak vs. Others - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > MetalCloak Clearance Diagrams... MetalCloak vs. Others

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #76
goul6891

2006 LJ Wrangler 

what size would a stock rubicon unlimited clear with your curved fenders and moab wheels?how much trimming would there be?

goul6891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #77
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
In that picture, why couldn't a turn signal be put in that curving brace between the front of the fender and the grill?
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 05:43 AM   #78
Cutch
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

As for the LEDs, how you modify the Tube Fenders is up to you, though it is not something we recommend or advise on. We are working to offer other marker light options besides the bullet.

I am really looking forward to getting my fenders on now that I have finally got them painted.

I am not a big fan of your turn signal alternative....what if anything are you planning.

I presently picked up some JK turn signals to mount in my dash...need to get the backing plates for them...of course they are still in the boxes like most things for my Jeep...need to find the time
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 09:55 AM   #79
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Matsonian, thanks for you're continued support. I was wondering this picture below of the red TJ. Is is safe to assume that it is a stock suspension, no BL, & 33" tires? Or are those 35" tires?

CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #80
Wheat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I love these fenders, definitely the one I am going with, but how much clearance difference is there in between all of the flare sizings? From no flare to the 6".
Wheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 06:28 PM   #81
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheat View Post
I love these fenders, definitely the one I am going with, but how much clearance difference is there in between all of the flare sizings? From no flare to the 6".
Sorry guys for my tardiness, I see there are lots of questions, and I will get to them soon. As for your question Wheat, thank you. There is no difference in clearance. If you look at the first page of this thread, you will see that whether it is 4" or 6", the tire never hits the flare or the tube, so your clearance is the same.

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #82
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hi Matsonian. I know you're playin catch up with all the questions asked. But I figured I'd add a suggestion rather then a question this time. Aside from the quesiton I asked above. LOL

Do you remember these? It was something rev111 had when they first intro-ed their front arched fenders. I think this is a cool turn signal. It's really two birds with one stone. Not only can the ppl on the side of your Jeep see you but so can the ppl in front. I think this would be very cool if you all can figure out how to incorporate something like this. Say maybe a very bright amber LED?
Keep it sealed somehow out of the elements so that rust won't start to cancer up the fenders behind the LED. And possibly make some clear ones for those of us that are young at heart, or maybe smoked lense for those that want a stealth look, or plane jane amber housing.
Hope this helps in any way. Also check out overkill engineerings LED's they have built into their tube fenders. I'm not impressed by their fenders, but I am by their LED incorporation. Supposebly they keep out the elements too. If they don't have a patent on it, I say fair game.

Unread 09-01-2009, 12:23 AM   #83
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooper05 View Post
Will the method for protecting the hood that R&D is coming up with be available to purchased separately for those of use who have already purchased fenders from you?
LOL! I realized after I posted it how "official" it sounded saying R&D is working on a solution... made it sound like major surgery!

Actually, we have a simple application designed to protect the hood for those who might be rubbing. We will be emailing all our customers and letting them know what the options are if they need it, and yes, that includes you StormTrooper.

Unread 09-01-2009, 12:31 AM   #84
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Marker Lights....

Thank you all for the great suggestions on the marker lights!

The Bullet that we currently have has been very popular lately, but we realize that it doesn't suit everyone's tastes/desires/preferences.

Therefore, we will be releasing a smaller LED marker light set in the near future designed to be mounted under the fenders rather than above.

As for pictures or details, have patience. As soon as we have them available they will be posted on our website and this Forum.

Thank you again!

Unread 09-01-2009, 07:27 AM   #85
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thank you all for the great suggestions on the marker lights!

The Bullet that we currently have has been very popular lately, but we realize that it doesn't suit everyone's tastes/desires/preferences.

Therefore, we will be releasing a smaller LED marker light set in the near future designed to be mounted under the fenders rather than above.

As for pictures or details, have patience. As soon as we have them available they will be posted on our website and this Forum.

Thank you again!

Sah-Weet!

Also, Mat, when you have time of course will you please see post # 79
Unread 09-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #86
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Matsonian, thanks for you're continued support. I was wondering this picture below of the red TJ. Is is safe to assume that it is a stock suspension, no BL, & 33" tires? Or are those 35" tires?

CCJ, finally getting around to this one!

These are 33's on stock suspension, no BL. Purely a street cruiser.

Last edited by matsonian; 10-19-2009 at 04:21 PM..
Unread 09-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #87
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
CCJ, finally getting around to this one!

These are 33's on stock suspension, no BL. Purely a street cruiser.
Ahhh Ha! I just knew it! Perfect thanks so much for the reply. You da man. I'm pumped about what these marker lights will look like from you guys. Whole lot of us are holdin are breathes here in my state where I trail ride at.

Last question. That red TJ with the 33's no lift no BL. Are those just the tube fenders? Or are they tube fenders and also 4" flare option? I can't tell from the angle. And I can see the back looks like the flare option but can't tell in front.
And I can see now how 35's with no lift no BL would clear. Nice example pic matsonian.
Unread 09-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #88
cartwright27
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Ahhh Ha! I just knew it! Perfect thanks so much for the reply. You da man. I'm pumped about what these marker lights will look like from you guys. Whole lot of us are holdin are breathes here in my state where I trail ride at.

Last question. That red TJ with the 33's no lift no BL. Are those just the tube fenders? Or are they tube fenders and also 4" flare option? I can't tell from the angle. And I can see the back looks like the flare option but can't tell in front.
And I can see now how 35's with no lift no BL would clear. Nice example pic matsonian.
It looks like the fronts have flares too. 4" or 6" now Matson will have to chime in on that one....I'm thinking 6"
cartwright27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #89
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwright27 View Post
It looks like the fronts have flares too. 4" or 6" now Matson will have to chime in on that one....I'm thinking 6"
You are absolutely right... the fronts and rears are 6".

Unread 09-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #90
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey is there anyone that has a direct head on shot of a Jeep with these fenders without the flare extensions and a 12.50" tire, 33 or 35 doesn't matter, and ~4" of backspacing?

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.