MetalCloak Clearance Diagrams... MetalCloak vs. Others - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > MetalCloak Clearance Diagrams... MetalCloak vs. Others

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 08-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #61
rubicon20032003

Have any pics of 4 inch flares with factory moab wheels? I looking to put a set on my rubicon

rubicon20032003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #62
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So the new version of the flareless tubes have the holes on the ends closed now? Or is that just for the flare to be added on?
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #63
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebout View Post
So the new version of the flareless tubes have the holes on the ends closed now? Or is that just for the flare to be added on?
The basic fender (without a flare) has a threaded hole in a solid steel receiver for securing the flare at the grill. To keep the hole clean of particulates, some customers keep a bolt tightened in its place.

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #64
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, that's good to know.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 10:07 PM   #65
ZIMM18
1999 XJ Cherokee 

well there goes my credit card, i can feel it slipping out of my pocket now.............damn what a sweet product....i'm totally sold.

Last edited by ZIMM18; 08-29-2009 at 12:09 PM..
ZIMM18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #66
RadsJeep

Do you have to order directly from you or are you working with shops and vendors such as 4WParts? I ask because I like to order through a local company, pay them to install it, and I gain double protection - if something goes wrong, they are liable in addition to you... Thanks.
RadsJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #67
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadsJeep View Post
Do you have to order directly from you or are you working with shops and vendors such as 4WParts? I ask because I like to order through a local company, pay them to install it, and I gain double protection - if something goes wrong, they are liable in addition to you... Thanks.
Curious to know the same thing.
CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #68
RVA_TJ06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

They are easy to install... I've for the 4" set front and rear..
Unread 08-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #69
cartwright27
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA_TJ06 View Post
They are easy to install... I've for the 4" set front and rear..
Ditto, I was able to complete the front and rear in about 4hours for each end. And I like to take my time when I work. I wonder how long the rockers will take...
cartwright27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #70
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Matsonia, I had some questions about the tube fenders (without flare) do the revised tube fenders look just like the one Storm Trooper has?
Do the revised ones resolve the hood touching issue that storm tropper has?
Once we get them, are we able to drill holes and place LED marker turn signal lights in them? Click this for perfect example or is there no room for that?
Are we able to use stock battery or is aftermarket necessary? What about stock air box?
Are holes pre-drilled on the fenders to place the under hood components back onto?
If we opt for the powdercoated black semigloss option on your site does that also include the inner fender linning be painted?
Any ETA on when you guys are going to make aluminum tube fenders?
What is THIS plate for that sits behind the fender?
Thanks in advance!
Unread 08-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #71
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwright27 View Post
Ditto, I was able to complete the front and rear in about 4hours for each end. And I like to take my time when I work. I wonder how long the rockers will take...
The new rockers were done by a customer in about 30 minutes.

Unread 08-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #72
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadsJeep View Post
Do you have to order directly from you or are you working with shops and vendors such as 4WParts?
MetalCloak is building our network of Jobbers across the country, but the program is in its infancy. If there is an independent Jobber in your area, one with a great reputation for quality installs, send over a referral and we will be happy to sign them up.

Unread 08-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #73
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Matsonia, I had some questions about the tube fenders (without flare) do the revised tube fenders look just like the one Storm Trooper has?
Do the revised ones resolve the hood touching issue that storm tropper has?
Once we get them, are we able to drill holes and place LED marker turn signal lights in them? Click this for perfect example or is there no room for that?
Are we able to use stock battery or is aftermarket necessary? What about stock air box?
Are holes pre-drilled on the fenders to place the under hood components back onto?
If we opt for the powdercoated black semigloss option on your site does that also include the inner fender linning be painted?
Any ETA on when you guys are going to make aluminum tube fenders?
What is THIS plate for that sits behind the fender?
Thanks in advance!
Taking your questions in order...

Yes, the revised Tube Fenders are same as StormTroopers. The hood touching issue comes from two factors... our desire to have the sharpest possible angle for clearance, and the variability of sheet metal hoods. Not all hoods touch, but some do. We will be including with our packages a method of protecting the hood from the tube, something R&D is working on now.

As for the LEDs, how you modify the Tube Fenders is up to you, though it is not something we recommend or advise on. We are working to offer other marker light options besides the bullet.

You can use all your stock components including battery, etc, and yes, all the holes are pre-drilled for your convenience of installation.

The inner fender liner is aluminum so we do not powdercoat it.

That is an access plate both for ease of installation and for accessing other components that one may install on or around the battery/package trays.

As for Aluminum fenders, we are looking into it, but as mentioned before, it is based on market demand.

Thank you for the great questions!

Unread 08-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #74
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
Taking your questions in order...

Yes, the revised Tube Fenders are same as StormTroopers. The hood touching issue comes from two factors... our desire to have the sharpest possible angle for clearance, and the variability of sheet metal hoods. Not all hoods touch, but some do. We will be including with our packages a method of protecting the hood from the tube, something R&D is working on now.

As for the LEDs, how you modify the Tube Fenders is up to you, though it is not something we recommend or advise on. We are working to offer other marker light options besides the bullet.

You can use all your stock components including battery, etc, and yes, all the holes are pre-drilled for your convenience of installation.

The inner fender liner is aluminum so we do not powdercoat it.

That is an access plate both for ease of installation and for accessing other components that one may install on or around the battery/package trays.

As for Aluminum fenders, we are looking into it, but as mentioned before, it is based on market demand.

Thank you for the great questions!

Thanks for the quick response!
Unread 08-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #75
StormTrooper05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Will the method for protecting the hood that R&D is coming up with be available to purchased separately for those of use who have already purchased fenders from you?
StormTrooper05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.