MetalCloak Bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > MetalCloak Bumper

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 11-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
Mttrek360
1999 TJ Wrangler 

MetalCloak Bumper

Does anyone out there have this bumper on there Jeep? If so can you post a pic? Thanks.

Unread 11-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
ace2001

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I do.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/wh...69/index8.html
Unread 11-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
Mttrek360
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Holy **** that looks sick!!! Thanks!
Unread 11-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
ace2001

2003 TJ Wrangler 

lol, no prob.
Unread 11-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
06WranglerX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hah awesome the man that I supose u could say designed that model responds, wonderful now that is feedback. Btw ace jeep looks great!

People need to be a little more trusting, Its not like we are on a convict and rapist forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Upon further reflection I've decided I've had enough of this BS and you are now on my ignore list.

06 Red Wrangler X 6 speed hard top
Ford 8.8 Detroit locked, 4 inches of lift, 33 inch BFG KM2's and some other stuff.
06WranglerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just designed one and waiting for my solidworks rendering of it to come on monday.

ALthough, the price is a bit too high for my liking.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 07:50 AM   #7
Mttrek360
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It is high but I love what there doing over there.
Unread 11-08-2009, 08:03 AM   #8
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
I just designed one and waiting for my solidworks rendering of it to come on monday.

ALthough, the price is a bit too high for my liking.
i agree. i used their custom design thing and they sent the rendering to me via e-mail, and what came out looked absolutely awesome. however i really didnt want to pay that much for the thing. IIRC it was about $590 with the 20% off and shipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #9
Jeepineer

I am the guy that makes the models/renderings of the MetalCloak bumper and sends the individual builds to our customers. I am on vacation and am back logged on a crazy amount of bumper renderings, I will do my best to catch up to all of the requests on Monday. I am sorry for the delay. I would like to say thank you for all of customer feedback as we have added 3 more end caps and will be releasing a new hoop configuration soon based solely on customer feedback.

I would just like to comment, because I have seen some posts stating that our bumper is "expensive". I know it will take some time for the Stainless Steel bumper concept to catch on just like it took some time for our Arched Tube Fender to catch on. However, in this design we have tried to create an affordable stainless steel bumper that competes with the pricing of many mild steel bumper companies. If you just compare stainless steel bumper pricing we have not found a single company that even comes close to competing with the MetalCloak stainless steel Frame Built bumper on price. We would ask all that read this if you can find a stainless steel bumper for less please help us by contacting us with the model, company and pricing.

We offer a mild steel powder coated option just like all of the other companies in order to provide our unique design at a lower cost to the end user. If one selects mild steel powder coated option and other feature options, then compares these options apples to apples with other companies we believe you will find that we are the lowest cost to the end user of any comparable bumper on the market. Please take the time to compare, including the cost of options and shipping.

Please provide us feedback on pricing you find on bumpers, we would truly appreciate the opportunity to compare that pricing to ours. We truly believe we are the price leaders with our Frame Built Bumper system.

Thank you for your feedback.
Jeepineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

x2^ When you actually look at what you are getting their prices are more than fair. These bumpers look amazing, might just have to pick one up someday..

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
Mttrek360
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 11-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #12
diablo_331
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mttrek360 View Post
Do you have any more detailed pics? I wanna see what the crawler caps look like.Whats on the inside of them? If you could post up a few more angles it would be of great help in me making a decision.Thanks!
Unread 12-09-2009, 08:25 AM   #13
keithkeith
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo_331 View Post
Do you have any more detailed pics? I wanna see what the crawler caps look like.Whats on the inside of them? If you could post up a few more angles it would be of great help in me making a decision.Thanks!
Same type of question... can you post up a side on picture? I want to see how far the stinger sticks out in front. Also, can you see the tip of the stinger from the drivers seat?
Current Setup: 2003 Silver TJ Sport, 5.5” Clayton LA, MetalCloak Bumper & Tubes, 1” BL, 35” Nitto Mudgrapplers, 17” Silver AEV Pintlers, Superwinch EPi9.0 w/ in-cab control, Teraflex SS SYE & Tom Woods d/s, 4.56’s, OX (r), Herc’d Tub, Clayton Engine & Tranny skids, Chromoly Shafts F&R, Currie HD, Warn Steering Skid, RE Hand Throttle, JKS Motor Mounts, Custom box, CO2, K&N FIPK, Raingler Netting (so the dog doesn’t fly), PIAA 520s Driving & Fog, BDS Rockers, Cobra 75 WX ST, Alpine IVA300 w/GPS & a bunch of other goodies...
keithkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #14
jeepbumm68
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There bumpers are great and unique.
jeepbumm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #15
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepineer View Post
I am the guy that makes the models/renderings of the MetalCloak bumper and sends the individual builds to our customers. I am on vacation and am back logged on a crazy amount of bumper renderings, I will do my best to catch up to all of the requests on Monday. I am sorry for the delay. I would like to say thank you for all of customer feedback as we have added 3 more end caps and will be releasing a new hoop configuration soon based solely on customer feedback.

I would just like to comment, because I have seen some posts stating that our bumper is "expensive". I know it will take some time for the Stainless Steel bumper concept to catch on just like it took some time for our Arched Tube Fender to catch on. However, in this design we have tried to create an affordable stainless steel bumper that competes with the pricing of many mild steel bumper companies. If you just compare stainless steel bumper pricing we have not found a single company that even comes close to competing with the MetalCloak stainless steel Frame Built bumper on price. We would ask all that read this if you can find a stainless steel bumper for less please help us by contacting us with the model, company and pricing.

We offer a mild steel powder coated option just like all of the other companies in order to provide our unique design at a lower cost to the end user. If one selects mild steel powder coated option and other feature options, then compares these options apples to apples with other companies we believe you will find that we are the lowest cost to the end user of any comparable bumper on the market. Please take the time to compare, including the cost of options and shipping.

Please provide us feedback on pricing you find on bumpers, we would truly appreciate the opportunity to compare that pricing to ours. We truly believe we are the price leaders with our Frame Built Bumper system.

Thank you for your feedback.
Just curious how many rendering requests actually end up being pruchased...?
I'm guessing no more than 5%. Is it really worth the company's time to pay you to complete rendering requests that never get built? I'm sure this ends up factored into the final cost. So do you have higher prices because of it or let it hurt your bottom line?

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
"Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/ChevTec
WillysEdition04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.