Measurements of TJs w/o BL, with RE 3.5 SF and 33x12.5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Measurements of TJs w/o BL, with RE 3.5 SF and 33x12.5

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
atm76039
2011 JK Wrangler 

Measurements of TJs w/o BL, with RE 3.5 SF and 33x12.5

Yes, I've searched and found some great pictures. Enough that I went right past knowing what this set up should look like to not being so sure. It seems that there are a lot of pictures that are titled the same, but look completely different.

From what I've found, this setup looks like there is anywhere from 4 to 7 inches (even more at rear) between top of the tire to the fender, non-flexing.

So, I'm hoping someone could either post pics with a measuring tape from tire to fender or if you could take and post a measurement from TJs that have no body lift, RE 4.5 superflex lift but with 3.5 inch springs. (Which should be the same, height wise, as a RE 3.5, right?) And 33 inch tires.

If you can, please indicate if you have bumper/winch/beer keg/etc that might be affecting the measurement too.

Thanks all!

ps- I'm knew at this, only have a couple forum post here and there, and this is my first "new thread", ever, even outside of JeepForum.com... which is surprising, cause I work with computers for a living. I've always found what I needed with the searches!!!

atm76039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atm76039 View Post
Yes, I've searched and found some great pictures. Enough that I went right past knowing what this set up should look like to not being so sure. It seems that there are a lot of pictures that are titled the same, but look completely different.

From what I've found, this setup looks like there is anywhere from 4 to 7 inches (even more at rear) between top of the tire to the fender, non-flexing.

So, I'm hoping someone could either post pics with a measuring tape from tire to fender or if you could take and post a measurement from TJs that have no body lift, RE 4.5 superflex lift but with 3.5 inch springs. (Which should be the same, height wise, as a RE 3.5, right?) And 33 inch tires.

If you can, please indicate if you have bumper/winch/beer keg/etc that might be affecting the measurement too.

Thanks all!

ps- I'm knew at this, only have a couple forum post here and there, and this is my first "new thread", ever, even outside of JeepForum.com... which is surprising, cause I work with computers for a living. I've always found what I needed with the searches!!!
We are working to get the search feature more accurate, so bare with us.

As for your question, there really isnt going to be a definite answer. Every Jeep is different. I have a 1" body lift, 1" front spacers, and a 2.5" suspension lift. I gained almost 6 inches of lift from stock position. Same set-up different Jeep may have only gotten the anticipated 4.5" of lift. Then, like you said, depending on bumpers, winch, etc... the measurements will be off. Since there are literally millions of variations to what mods you can do to your Jeep, it is very rare that two Jeeps will get the same measurement.

The difference back to front in lift is due to the "rake"... its common, thats why I personally added the 1" spacers in front to level my Jeep out.

I know that doesnt necessarily answer your question, but it should help with the various responses you are bound to get.

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
atm76039
2011 JK Wrangler 

Right! This is why my request is so specific... I'd started to realize that not all mods were listed when pictures were posted, just the susp lift and tires on some.

I guess I'm hoping that there are a couple people with the simple setup that i'm looking for that will respond who ONLY have the RE 3.5 lift and 33s, no bl, no spacers, etc. Basically stock other than the susp lift and tires, with a note about bumpers if applicable.

Thank you for the reply, and this is the only topic I haven't had luck with using the search function. It usually works great for me! There is so much knowledge on this site, it's helped me so much! I'll be upgrading my account soon for sure.
atm76039 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , wrangler , re , rubicon express , body lift , no body lift , 3.5 , 33

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.