maximum tire size with 2" lift - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > maximum tire size with 2" lift

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 04-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #46
Tmblack3
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i was limited on finding the right rim size/style/backspacing that i wanted because i was going through discount tire and wasnt going to wait months for a backorder lol. i used 3.75 backspacing, which seems to leave roughly an inch from the front sway bar at max steer.

no body lift. i added a 120 lb winch that weighed down front end in addition to the front end already sitting low on TJs which i did not like, so i did a cheap spacer lift of 3" front and 2" rear to level it out. lift came out to around $150 installing it myself and buying parts individually at cheapest prices on ebay and google shopping which included skyjacker hydro shocks, bump stops, and spacers.

04 TJ Sport- Kicker System, Smittybilt XRC-8 Winch, Cherry Bomb 18" Glasspack, 3" Zone Hydro Suspension Lift, 33x12.50 BFG KM2, 15x8 Procomp 7069, Aussie Locker front Dana 30, JKS 1.25" Body Lift, 4 100w Hella 500s
Tmblack3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 06:22 AM   #47
RowJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshockley View Post
Had the skyjacker lift, hydro shocks, steering stabilizer, and RC spacers Installed yesterday.
They ride is at least as good as stock.....
How much lift?
Always wondered about the ride comparison. Bgt my 98 w/ the Skyjacker already in place.
Skyjacker lifts are not the favorite around this site, but I've been happy.

RJ
RowJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 06:55 AM   #48
MidTnSahara
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by funshootin1 View Post
8.25 holdin up fine, Im sure an 8.8 woulda coulda shoulda but this was layin around so I geared and welded it , its 29 spline with zj disk on a 4 banger, spares are in the garage jic . swappin axels isnt that big a deal for me but for anyone payin to get it done on a jeep they care about.... I would reccomend 8.8s for peace of mind. Check out treadwright for tires...couple of our guys are runnin them they have lots of metric sizes that are around 32 to 33 inches and 10.5 to 11 inch widths, alot in 16 and 17 inch rim sizes not much in 15. great tires, hold up to hard wheelin and good on the road. im swichin to 16 inch rims and doin 285,75,16 guarddog( goodyear mtr, goodyear carcass and goodyear still written on sidewalls) they measure 33.2 and are 11.4 wide and stand that tall in the real world too, not like swampers that run an inch or so smaller than stated on the sidewall.
looked up the guard dogs and they are retreads???? Sounds scary
Unread 04-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #49
Tmblack3
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowJ View Post
How much lift?
Always wondered about the ride comparison. Bgt my 98 w/ the Skyjacker already in place.
Skyjacker lifts are not the favorite around this site, but I've been happy.

RJ
well i just bought everything separate, i found it cheaper. the skyjacker 2-3" lift hydro shocks, zone bumpstops, then some brand of 4 2" spacers and 2 1" spacers. i put 2" spacers on back, then stacked the 2" and 1" spacers on the front. i know alot of people have said stacking spacers or going over 2.25" with spacers is bad to do, but it seems that it is only that way on the rear. the rod that the bump stop fits inside of and what you mount the spacers on is longer upfront and can fit more on it. i lifted 3" upfront because i didnt like the look of it sitting lower upfront.

and the skyjacker shocks are great, like i said the skyjacker definately rides smoother as far as little road bumps go but they are stiffer/more heavy duty so they bump more when you hit speedbumps or bumps through trails. they also seemed to be some of the cheapest as well. i was going to get the procomp but i had heard that they rode rougher so i went went with the skyjacker. might be looking for a 4" lift kit soon, probably after i get some lockers.
04 TJ Sport- Kicker System, Smittybilt XRC-8 Winch, Cherry Bomb 18" Glasspack, 3" Zone Hydro Suspension Lift, 33x12.50 BFG KM2, 15x8 Procomp 7069, Aussie Locker front Dana 30, JKS 1.25" Body Lift, 4 100w Hella 500s
Unread 09-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #50
guarinom
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Wheels and Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmblack3 View Post
same, skyjacker definately rides smoother as far as little road bumps go but they are stiffer/more heavy duty so they bump more when you hit speedbumps and stuff like that. ended up getting 33x12.5 bfg km2s, love them, i can even tell a more comfortable ride with these compared to the wrangler silent armors, they seem to absorb much more vibrations, probably due to the lower psi and alot thicker rubber.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8183680_n.jpg

got black lugs after this picture though
TMBLACK3, That's a nice looking Jeep. I'm looking at the exact same wheel and tire combo for my 2001 TJ. Can you tell me if you had to use wheel spacers to get the 15x8 Procomp 7069 to fit / not rub? Also do you have any rubbing with full lock?
Unread 09-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #51
Tmblack3
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, I have zero rub and my wheels are at 3.75 backspacing so no spacers were needed. Im assuming you mean full wheel steering lock, there is about 1-1.5" gap at full steer from it hitting the inside chassis.
Unread 09-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #52
mdawg4x4
1998 TJ Wrangler 

33s w/2" BB and extended bump stops and fully stuffed, slight rub on rear flares. Not the ultimate rock crawler, but takes me where I want to go. I am not interested in tearing anything up anyway.

mdawg4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #53
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If that's all you are rubbing, trimming the factory flares is easy.
Unread 09-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #54
private

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTnSahara View Post
looked up the guard dogs and they are retreads???? Sounds scary
They're vulcanized, where the tread and tire are heated together, fuzing it all together... unlike most big rig tires that have the tread glued on. Big difference.
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #55
Kenseth
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTJeepWJ View Post
2 inch with 31's and no body lift
What size Rims do you have?
Kenseth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
tire , size , 2" , lift , max , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.