Manual Tranny Shifter Issues with Body Lift? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-28-2010, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
elcidsurfer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Manual Tranny Shifter Issues with Body Lift?

Im thinkin about puttin a 1" body lift on my TJ. A have the six speed manual tranny and when I put my 1.25" TCase lowering kit on with my lift I could not shift into Reverse because my stick hit the boot ring. I ended up not using my TCase lowering kit because of this. If I throw a 1" body lift on will the same thing happen because its basically creating close to the same separation from the Tranny and the body. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-28-2010, 06:26 AM
TheBoogieman
Made in the USA

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Did you use a MML instead of the t case lowering kit? If not,now would be a good time to do it with the BL and no shifting problems.I just did that to my brother's 05' with a 4" lift.You can also move the console back 1/2".

Last edited by TheBoogieman; 04-28-2010 at 09:44 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-28-2010, 07:34 AM
-dirt-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I put a 1" PA BL on my '05 with the 6-speed and experienced shifting issues in the rear gears (mainly reverse). To alleviate this, I pulled the boot and it shifts fine with that popped loose. When I added a 1" MML, the shifter was still too close to the console and the boot wouldn't let reverse fully engage.

I added a UCF tummy tuck, and that really brought everything up back where it should be/where I like it. Shifted created and full gear engagement. But the TT created a whole other set of issues.

So to answer your question, from my experience: Yes, you do run the risk of the shifter hitting the boot ring with a 1" BL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-28-2010, 07:49 AM
orchimaxi
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have the 5 spd, and my experience is that after a 1.25" BL my shifting was tight in the "rear" gears but were fixed with a tummy tuck skid and a MML which I installed a few hours later. I expect that the TT will mean that when I do lift the Jeep (once I get my $400 ZJ road worthy) I will need to do a SYE/driveshaft to eliminate my anticipated vibes.

1999 XJ SE 5 spd 4.0 -- Dead
2001 TJ Sahara 5 spd 4.0 -- Sold
1995 ZJ 5.2L -- Sold
1997 TJ 4 cyl 5 spd - still figuring it out...
post #5 of 5 Old 04-28-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
elcidsurfer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks fellas, that helped out alot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.