Magnaflow Exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Magnaflow Exhaust

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeSanta Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 02-07-2005, 10:55 AM   #1
hrjaw

Magnaflow Exhaust

I really like the sound of the Magnaflow exhaust, but not the price. My factory exhaust is going out the door so i need to upgrade. Can i just buy the Magnaflow muffler and have the shop fab the pipe, and if so does anyone know what part # it is. If not, then i guess i will have to decide if i want to spend the money or not.
thanks,
Roger

Unread 02-07-2005, 11:02 AM   #2
trance_junkie

I had my muffler shop build a cat back. New piping and a Magnaflow for 150 bucks. Cant tell you the P/N off the top of my head. If you go on Magnaflows site and search for a dealer, just go to your local shop and have them fab something up. They will know which muffler to install.

Josh
2002 TJ 'X' 4.0L 5-Speed D30/35 [COLOR=Yellow]Solar Yellow[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][I]Teraflx, Airaid, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 15x8 d-windows, Raingler, Bestop, Nth Degree OPS, Kilby bumper and steering skid
AZVJC[url]www.virtualjeepclub.com[/url][url]www.sosnws.com[/url]
[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]
05 Cummins Ram 3500 4wd QC - edge juice w/ attitude, dr perf. predator, Airaid, mbrp dual 4", b&w trnovr+5th wheel,ranch hand bumper
1995 Cummins Ram 3/4 4wd-skyjacker, 35" bfg km mt,ai raid, no muffler, injectors, thunderstruck bumper,flatbed w/ welder etc
trance_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2005, 11:11 AM   #3
Columbia TJ
1999 WJ 

How does the Magnaflow compare to the Banks? I am looking at the Banks catback right now.

Ive heard Flowmaster and it sounds awful and annoyingly loud on a 4.0 TJ.
Columbia TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #4
CJEli

I love my Magnaflow. I had a shop put the muffler on and do a custom tailpipe. The muffs we use are the center in/offset out 14" long body. You can use the 2.25" or the 2.5".

-Eli
Unread 02-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #5
hrjaw

exhaust

funny you mention that....i was looking at the Banks as well. I want something that will last for awhile. i heard the banks and it seems to me that it might be very loud, but without actually hearing it on the same vehicle you are installing it on, it's a hard decision. The Magnaflow gives a nice deep rumble, that seems to do the wrangler justice.
Unread 02-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
trance_junkie

The magnaflow isnt that loud. At all. Its just deep. Combined with my Airaid it has a good growl when you get on it. I can hardly ever hear the Magnaflow mostly cause of the tires. Its definitely a good choice. Cheap and flows really really really well. If you have never looked in a Flowmaster cut out vs. a Magnaflow cut out, you might want to. Youd never buy a Flowmaster again.
Josh
2002 TJ 'X' 4.0L 5-Speed D30/35 [COLOR=Yellow]Solar Yellow[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][I]Teraflx, Airaid, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 15x8 d-windows, Raingler, Bestop, Nth Degree OPS, Kilby bumper and steering skid
[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]
05 Cummins Ram 3500 4wd QC - edge juice w/ attitude, dr perf. predator, Airaid, mbrp dual 4", b&w trnovr+5th wheel,ranch hand bumper
1995 Cummins Ram 3/4 4wd-skyjacker, 35" bfg km mt,ai raid, no muffler, injectors, thunderstruck bumper,flatbed w/ welder etc
Unread 02-07-2005, 12:06 PM   #7
hrjaw

Magnaflow is really starting to win me over so far.now all i need to do is make a decision!
Unread 02-07-2005, 12:33 PM   #8
Giviner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've been looking at a Magnaflow myself, never thought about getting a custom pipe as opposed to just buying the entire cat-back package.......sounds like it might be worth a look. I agree it's a bit pricey for the whole package. Anyone know if there's any real advantage with going with the 2.5" pipe compared to the 2.25"?
Giviner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #9
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxgksspot

my magnaflow was only 90 installed, really inexpensive... of course I never would have put on an aftermarket one if I didnt put a hole in the muffler from a rock
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxgksspot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #10
hrjaw

i think it is approx. $400.00 for the cat back system, where i can get the S.S. Muffler for $116.00....that is a big difference. I am still trying to figure out which muffler i would need, but their is a big differnce in price between the muffler and the whole system!
Unread 02-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #11
hrjaw

i just got off the phone with Magnaflow, and they stated that the muffler they use is part # 14256. 5X8x18 offset/center in stainless steel. Of course you ahve to fab up the tailpipe, but i still think that would be a tremendous savings, unless i am missing some important component?
Unread 02-07-2005, 03:06 PM   #12
trance_junkie

Not at all. You can order that particular muffler, take it to a shop and have them fab up the piping. Or have them do it all, assuming they sell Magnaflow.

Josh
[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]
Unread 02-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #13
Grimmjpr

I love my Magnaflow....with custom bent piping.
Grimmjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #14
hrjaw

ok...i think i am loosing it....i was just told the muffler was not the part # i was quoted, but something entirely different. oh well, i will keep looking into it.
roger
Unread 02-07-2005, 03:38 PM   #15
hrjaw

ok...seems that the part # i listed is correct...that is the muffler in stainless steel, while the other part # is aluminized(sp)?.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.