Machining Canyon center hole? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Machining Canyon center hole?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-19-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
jeffjeep1
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Machining Canyon center hole?

I thought about putting a set of Canyons on a trailer I pull around with my TJ. I would need to enlarge the center hole to fit over the trailer's bearing dust cap. It looks like just the ring that retains the JEEP center cap needs to be removed, the balance of the center hole is large enough.

Has anybody done this?
What about fitting the Canyon wheel over a Warn "small" front hub conversion?

Yes, I know it is a casting and the potential issues with cast aluminum and casting defects.

Thanks

Heidi - Golden Retriever/Jeep Dog
jeffjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2005, 07:33 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It'd cost an arm and a leg to machine out that hole on two wheels. It'd be better to just find wheels that fit without need for machining. Neither my steel wheels nor my aluminum AR23 wheels needed any machining to fit over my Warn hubs. The hole needs to be 2.78" or bigger to fit over the Warn 5x4.5" hub kit.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.