Lug Bolt Spinning Free - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lug Bolt Spinning Free

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 10-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
davebridges
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Lug Bolt Spinning Free

So i was doing my brakes and as suggested by this here forum removed the rotor using the BFH method. I accidentally popped out one of the lug bolts. Being cheap (and also an idiot) i checked out the bolt (it looked ok) and decided i could probably re-seat it by putting on the nut and tightening it down. I guess you can guess what happened next after i put the wheel on. The nut went on part of the way, then the bolt loosened out the back. So now i have a bolt that is not attached to the wheel and a nut that i cant reach to remove. I thought that maybe there was an angle to re-attach the nut by hammering it back on from behind, but i cant see an angle where i can reach it. Does anyone have any ideas how i can rectify this?

davebridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I did a quick search on replacing wheel studs, and one thing i've read was to screw on and tighten a lugnut before the wheel is on?? maybe put some washers as spacers, I would just keep searching "replace wheel stud" for the best hints. Hope everything works out.
Stud_man50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lug nuts , wheels

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.