Lube points??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lube points???

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 11-29-2004, 02:45 PM   #1
Houston Terrell

Lube points???

Are there points that i need to lube after playing in the mud/water?? im sure there is but i dont know where they are and do they have fittings where u can simply get a grease gun on them and shoot ??? sorry for the newb question.. im about to change the oil and figure while im doing that i can lube it up! thankee

Houston Terrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2004, 03:05 PM   #2
Stu Olson
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, there are grease fittings that should be serviced each time you do an oil change (or more often if necessary).

Bookmark this link...

http://www.stu-offroad.com/misc/maint.htm

because it gets you to lots of write-ups with photos like this...

that will help you with your various Jeep projects.
Stu Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2004, 03:05 PM   #3
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Terrell
Are there points that i need to lube after playing in the mud/water?? im sure there is but i dont know where they are and do they have fittings where u can simply get a grease gun on them and shoot ??? sorry for the newb question.. im about to change the oil and figure while im doing that i can lube it up! thankee
there are 7 in the front with zerk fittings that a normal grease gun work on...

it's in the FAQ at the top of the page that you should read...(although the pics don't seem to be active anymore, the list is there)...

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2004, 04:39 PM   #4
Houston Terrell

WOW thanks just what i was looking for... my jeep has 29k on it and im sure nothing has been changed Cept oil so ima change Oil tranny and dif fluids and lube since i have had water up to the doors a few times recently
Houston Terrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2004, 04:52 PM   #5
SHNIPE

Stu how easy is it to replace those bushings in this pic

and also the one on the bottom left here

Mine are leaking and in bad shape and in need of replacing quickly. Wheres the best place for replacements?

Thanks in advance
Dennis

[SIZE=3][B]Black Jeep Club V.2 #78 or #98 or #108 a hell its too screwed up to know for sure so im takin #111 damnit![/B][/SIZE]
SHNIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2004, 05:49 PM   #6
0IIIIII0

so if grease comes out the sides whene greasing these joints, they need changing???
i dont see how grease cant come out, especially if you grease it every oil change like i do...the old grease has to go somewhere...
Unread 11-29-2004, 06:06 PM   #7
blupupher

Some grease will come out. Don't grease them so much. I grease mine till they "pooch" a little, sometimes they leak out, I just wipe off the extra.

You can get the bushings at any autoparts store for pretty cheap, but the trick is getting the old one off and new one on, you need a pickle fork to get them apart.
blupupher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2004, 07:21 PM   #8
Keith_C
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Is there anything to grease on the front driveshaft ?

-=-=
Keith_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2004, 07:43 PM   #9
blupupher

The 7 listed in Stu's site are the only ones on a stock TJ.
blupupher is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.