LT1 swap Transfer case - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > LT1 swap Transfer case

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
brkeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

LT1 swap Transfer case

I'm getting ready for my LT1 swap, I'm mating it to a 700r4. My question is what transfer case should I use? Should I keep my current NP231 and use the adapter from Advance, or should I get an np231c out of a Blazer that bolts right up to the 700r4. I understand the advantages of the Chevy transfer case but I can't find one with a mechanical speedometer, only electric. Is there a year and truck to look for in a junkyard that has a Chevy t-case with a mechanical speedo?

brkeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Max-Q
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry I can't help you on the TC. Make a build thread with lots of pics please. I'm really interested in seeing what route you take with this. I'm swapping a SBC 383 with TPI and a 700R4 from a 1990 Vette into my CJ. Luckily I already have a Dana 300 tranny so I don't have to worry about that issue.

Do you have emissions where you live? If so, how are you going to deal with that? We only have emissions here for 96 and newer vehicles so I'm not willing to mess around with my TJ.

Good luck with your build.
Max-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
brkeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I plan on taking a ton of pictures, I bought a new camera before I bought the engine and transmission. I'm in Phoenix so we do have pretty strict emissions here. The motor is out of a 94 Corvette and we don't have the year restrictions here, I can put a 94 engine into a 99 Jeep and still be compliant.
Unread 01-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
brkeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wow I feel dumb now, just figured out TJ's have electric speedos. Because I replaced the gear after my tires I assumed it was mechanical. Anyone done this t-case swap before?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.