Lower And Upper Control Arm Brackets - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lower And Upper Control Arm Brackets

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
95cuin

Lower And Upper Control Arm Brackets

I Have Just Purchased A 97 Sahara That Was Involved In A Accident. I Have Noticed The Brackets That Hold The Upper And Lower Control Arms Are Welded To The Axle Tubes Have Been Welded And Heated On. Is There Replacement Brackets That Can Be Welded On Or Should I Be Shopping For A New Axle Housing? These Brackets Look Light Duty At Best. Thanks In Advance

95cuin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
ILLgreenjeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

do you have any pictures? it would help to see if you need new ones or not. There are plenty of aftermarket brackets that you can purchase most major dealers will have some.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/home.php?cat=41

http://www.extremegearoffroad.com/st...cat=281&page=1
4inch supsension 1.25BL 1MML, 4.88s, 35 MT MTZ, LOD front bumer rear tire carrier, AtoZrockerguards, SYE+CVdriveshaft, I-6, Durango steering box, IPF headlamps-fatboy bulbs, and in the spring custom long arm suspension (copying claytons arms and modifying brackets)
ILLgreenjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2007, 02:27 PM   #3
95cuin

I Will Get It Jacked Up And Get Some Shots Of It. I Know It Does It Looks Like One Of Them Was Broke In Half And They Welded It Back Together.
95cuin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2007, 06:59 AM   #4
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Here's some more options for axle brackets:

Currie
Rubicon Express
Teraflex
Blue Torch Fabworks
Clayton's
Mad4wd
Teraflex

The stock ones are weak. Most replacements that you can buy are 3/16" or 1/4" and are much stronger.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.