Lower Fixed Control Arms vs adjustable lower contol arms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lower Fixed Control Arms vs adjustable lower contol arms

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 03-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
jeep2005ride
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lower Fixed Control Arms vs adjustable lower contol arms

so i new to 4 wheeling and im looking in getting the re 3.5 super lift and i saw it came with fixed lower contol arms ,i can buy the adjustable lower control arms for extra money what are the benifits of them and is worth buying now instead of 3 months down the road. thanks

jeep2005ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

If you think you might need them down the road why not just buy them now if you can afford them? They are nice cause it gives you more adjustability.
elkfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
micklock
2000 TJ Wrangler 

When I put my lift on 5 yrs ago it came with lower fixed arms, last weekend I put on some rear upper and lower adjustable ams. I finally could center my tires in the wheel well and adjust the pinion angle. When I bought the lift I should of got the adj arms.
micklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
jeep2005ride
2005 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the help
jeep2005ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
matinau
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I had. Brand new lift - 1 day old. Already replacing the fixed rear with adjustable.
matinau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
johnniebravo
2008 WK 

get the adjustables. You will be happier down the line. also, it will allow you to get a lot of your caster back thereby allowing for a better alignment.

Ideally, once the mod bug has struck, you will want to get adjustable pieces like the track bars and control arms as you may one day want to go higher lift wise. if this the case, you can use all of your linkages with new springs or spacers. this is all assuming you stay with a short arm setup or don't go crazy with 6" lift springs or something.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.