Lower Control Arm Brackets Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lower Control Arm Brackets Issues

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 03-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
fisher836
2008 JK Wrangler 

Lower Control Arm Brackets Issues

I'm just curious if anyone else has issues with the holes that go through the lower control arms brackets where the lower control arms attach to the frame? Mine are stretched out and getting worst. I know what my solution to the problem is going to be.. grade 8 washers welded over the hole. I just never hear of anyone else having this problem???

Unread 03-23-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
spinner

My '97 had the problem with the rears when I got it. It had aftermarket contol arms that had elongated where the bushings fit in, allowing movement. My best guess is that the hammering from the slop causes the problem. I would check the control arms and bushings too. My fix was the same as you suggest except I welded in the elongated part of the holes, redrilled, then welded the washers on.

'74 CJ5 project
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
Crunch
2000 XJ Cherokee 

You could just cut off your CA brackets and put on long arms.....
Traded for my XJ - '98 ZJ was pretty and built at one time- Hp30, 8.8 and 5" lift and other stuff.
Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:03 AM   #4
fisher836
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
You could just cut off your CA brackets and put on long arms.....
If only I had the cash my friend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.