low lift, long shocks, and DIY shock shifters... what's the advantage? - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > low lift, long shocks, and DIY shock shifters... what's the advantage?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #256
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitSeven View Post
Yes
A whole lot of poison, TnT, mixed up with some gen right and 14" king coil overs, d-track 60's at 104" the one behind it is 108", full hydro. I have gear jobs coming out my butt right now so they havent gotten much love for a while.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #257
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Theres a couple options for my stupid mounts....

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 01-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #258
mtnbkrmatt
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hey mud, or anyone else for that matter, do you have a template with dimensions like this,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
For this bracket?

Thanks in advance!
mtnbkrmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 07:28 AM   #259
Leylands
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That one still lands where its supposed to
maybe just wording, but are you implying that the coils are "better" in the stock forward angled location

oh, x2 on the template for lower relocation HSS stud bracket, maybe even for 8.8 if available since larger axle tubes. lol, Just let us know where we send the cheque
Leylands is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #260
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leylands View Post

maybe just wording, but are you implying that the coils are "better" in the stock forward angled location

oh, x2 on the template for lower relocation HSS stud bracket, maybe even for 8.8 if available since larger axle tubes. lol, Just let us know where we send the cheque
Not implying at all. It is an 04 rubi with a stock d-shaft, if i relocate them to where popular belief says they belong, they will miss the stops just like they would with a cv shaft after adjusting the pinion angle. The belly hangs a bit due to its re/rubicon belly skid.

Ill see if one of the kids can put the mount in pdf to print.
I have 10 pairs of them cut and bent now, i need to pick up and check fitment.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 02-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #261
Crawlmachine
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ill see if one of the kids can put the mount in pdf to print.
I have 10 pairs of them cut and bent now, i need to pick up and check fitment.
Dang.. exactly what i need formy 04 TJ. Would you sell a pair of brackets?? If not, how about a template with dimensions?

I have an AEV-NTH suspension system with the Shock shifters kit. Hwever when i swaped the rear axle I sold it including the rear shock brackets and now that I'm ready I'm realizing i need those shock shifter brackets.

Please LMK.
-JM
Unread 02-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #262
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 02-19-2014, 11:08 PM   #263
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Im making these to accomodate stem shocks as well. This one is pretty tall. since i have highlined fenders there is alot of room.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 02-20-2014, 05:48 AM   #264
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet! Any plans on moding the lower mount? I had on my old xj cut the shock perch and welded two tabs just above the control arm mount. It's another easy way to fit a longer shock and eliminate the bar pins.
aparke4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2014, 08:10 AM   #265
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparke4 View Post
Sweet! Any plans on moding the lower mount? I had on my old xj cut the shock perch and welded two tabs just above the control arm mount. It's another easy way to fit a longer shock and eliminate the bar pins.
Nothing wrong with bar pins. If they are getting damaged it is from improper bumpstop extension.

Just takes a couple tabs to move the lowers, problem is keeping them off the frame and out of the calipers way. The factory lower ca's need reinforced or replaced.

Please dont misunderstand me, it is a good idea and works as long as a few things are considered beforehand. There are a few pics in this thread i have done.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 02-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #266
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Right on- I have metalcloak fenders and I think it might be easier to modify tower instead of lower shock mount. Plenty of room- I only need to get 1.5 to two inches more on my current 11 inch travel bilstein resi's to be happy. Currently have 3.75 up travel- barely enough around town!

I want to keep my stem uppers so I am looking at ford f250 tower and instead of tabs, trim the top and add a 1/4 plate across, drill a hole and bolt her up. More metal on shock tower to tie into anyways.
Unread 02-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #267
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparke4 View Post
Right on- I have metalcloak fenders and I think it might be easier to modify tower instead of lower shock mount. Plenty of room- I only need to get 1.5 to two inches more on my current 11 inch travel bilstein resi's to be happy. Currently have 3.75 up travel- barely enough around town!

I want to keep my stem uppers so I am looking at ford f250 tower and instead of tabs, trim the top and add a 1/4 plate across, drill a hole and bolt her up. More metal on shock tower to tie into anyways.
Yep, im not happy without at least 5" uptravel.

You prolly have about the same amount or a tad more of of unseated spring as the above pic with the 2.5" rc springs. The fox is an 11" on rock krawler 4" coils. It is already relocated 2" above tha stock mounting point and rubs th shock can on the tower where they punched it through.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 02-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #268
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I love the multi point adjustability on your towers. Great for fine tuning- I'll take a pic when I get home. I have been meaning to relocate the top shock mount forever- weather is just getting nice here in atl to tackle a project.

I have 2.5 RC coil with 3/4 spacer and 1.25 JKS BL for reference. I'll measure the shocks as they sit currently with comp/ ext lengths. 4.5-5 inches up in the front would match perfectly my rear 10 inch m90 shocks with Teraflex lcg uppers which are right at 50/50, same lift plus coil correctors from RC (right at 4 inches lift).
Unread 02-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #269
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

14.5 compressed, 25 extended

3.5 travel showing
image-45295604.jpg

Unread 04-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #270
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Mud, I recently put in my 2.5" rear springs and needless to say the shocks are a little long. As in I have 3" of up travel. New shocks aren't exactly in the budget right now so I was wondering if you could cut me a pair of these. I'd pay for the material cost and shipping.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.