louder exhaust - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > louder exhaust

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #31
guruleenyc
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Pulled the whole exhaust job off with a buddy, neither of us close to being master mechanics. But it was a pain using a mirror to get to the lower intake/exhaust bolts..... :-O

guruleenyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #32
jabroni3411
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Highly doubt it sounds like a mustang dude. Ps its a 302 haha

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sub-1k-build-1154310[/url]
jabroni3411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #33
guruleenyc
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni3411 View Post
Highly doubt it sounds like a mustang dude. Ps its a 302 haha
LOL! Thanks for pointing that out. Guess I forgot whats it like to have real horsepower.
Unread 04-20-2011, 05:08 AM   #34
jabroni3411
2006 TJ Wrangler 

No worries I used to have a cobra nicknamed ground pounder. It could set off car alarms with the exhaust. But a jeep will always sound like a jeep. U can't replace displacement

Unread 04-20-2011, 06:54 AM   #35
BoarderX47
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni3411 View Post
No worries I used to have a cobra nicknamed ground pounder. It could set off car alarms with the exhaust. But a jeep will always sound like a jeep. U can't replace displacement
X2 on the Cobra, I loved driving my uncles and setting off car alarms as I drove it, that was such a sweet ride. As for a loud exhaust on a TJ it sure gets annoying when you are following someone on a trail that has a loud exhaust. Just my Why not use the money for the exhaust and put it towards armor or something more useful?
BoarderX47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 08:12 AM   #36
jabroni3411
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't do an expensive exhaust on a jeep that goes offroad. All u need to do is catch that on a rock and say bye bye. Which again x2 on more under carriage armor

Unread 04-22-2011, 05:45 AM   #37
guruleenyc
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni3411
I wouldn't do an expensive exhaust on a jeep that goes offroad. All u need to do is catch that on a rock and say bye bye. Which again x2 on more under carriage armor
I went with option #1:

Stock Exhaust Manifold: $231
Magnaflow High Flow Catalytic: $138
Flowmaster Super 44 muffler and tail pipe: $150

VS.

Stock Catalytic: $209
Stock Cat Back: $120
Unread 10-25-2011, 04:18 AM   #38
bman505
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I had to change my stock exhaust manifold as it was cracked, and the previous owner welded the front pipe to the manifold. so needless to say i had to change my entire exhaust to pass the safety. I went with full SS banks header, SS banks front pipe, SS high flow cat, the SS back pipe was saved.

I wanted to go with a flow master 40 or 44 and the mechanic did not recommend it as he said it would drive me nuts. I could not understand what he ment. but after driving for 8 hours with earplugs i now understand and glad that he didnt put in the louder muffler that i had wanted!

Glad to have a high flow dynaflow which happens to be a little more reserve in the load department.
bman505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #39
bige2533
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Let us know how long before the banks header cracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman505 View Post
I had to change my stock exhaust manifold as it was cracked, and the previous owner welded the front pipe to the manifold. so needless to say i had to change my entire exhaust to pass the safety. I went with full SS banks header, SS banks front pipe, SS high flow cat, the SS back pipe was saved.

I wanted to go with a flow master 40 or 44 and the mechanic did not recommend it as he said it would drive me nuts. I could not understand what he ment. but after driving for 8 hours with earplugs i now understand and glad that he didnt put in the louder muffler that i had wanted!

Glad to have a high flow dynaflow which happens to be a little more reserve in the load department.
Unread 10-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #40
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtj05 View Post
i believe he is running a magnaflow high flow cat with a flowmaster 40 exhaust.
I am running that same set up. I have the magna flow cat because that is what the parts store had in stock when I needed a new cat and that muffler because it was small enough to fit when I did my belly up. I sounds fine to me but I probably am not as picky as others. The weld did break where the pipe went into the muffler. I ran it without the muffler for about a week or so until I got it welded back together. It sounded louder, not that bad and I suppose a little meaner.

If I was going for a more powerful sound I would just run a pipe out the cat with no muffler.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #41
irocz3489
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtj05 View Post
check this guys exhaust out love the sound hoping to run something like this setup YouTube - Jeep Wrangler TJ LOUD EXHAUST Flowmaster High Flow Cat Lifted. How does the banks sound?
I'm almost positive that Jeep is 2003X on this board. No one else keeps their Jeep that clean or puts that much tire shine on
irocz3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
exhaust , loud , louder

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.