post #1 of Old 07-25-2010, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
TJCoffield
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looking to trade Black TJ Hardtop for Tan (Spice or Carmel) TJ Hardtop

Hello fellow Jeepsters. I'm pretty new to the forum, and my Jeep is currently in the shop getting an engine swap and a clutch, , but I figured I would post this to see if I get any bites. I recently bought a 2000 4.0L TJ. It is forest green with a black hardtop. In the summer, Jeeps start popping up all over the place and I started to see the forest green TJ jeeps with a tan (spice or carmel) hardtop and I like them a lot.

I'm looking for someone in the Chicagoland area with a tan hardtop for their TJ that is looking to change things up and would be willing to trade for a black hardtop. My black hardtop is in relatively good condition with normal wear, but if there happened to be any differences in condition, we could negotiate compensating lost value with money.

Also, I have done a little bit of research and it looks as if the CJ or YJ hardtops will not fit the TJ hardtops without some serious metal working. Has anyone found anything different?

Does anyone think that it would be worth it for me to just paint my hardtop myself?

Sorry if this was mis-categorized and should have been under the Classifieds. I was between here or there.

Thanks for looking.

Tags
hardtop , swap , black , tan , spice , tj , wrangler