Looking for a smoother ride.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Looking for a smoother ride....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-30-2006, 08:21 AM   #1
Airborne4X4
1948 CJ2A 

Looking for a smoother ride....

I have a 4inch Rough Country lift. Good cheap lift. When the tax refund gets here, I'm looking to soften the firm ride this lift has. Should I be shopping for different 4inch springs, or would different shocks make the changes I'm wanting.

Suggestion appreciated.
Thanks.

Unread 12-30-2006, 08:24 AM   #2
deadman

Rough Country lives up to it's name....rough. Try a different company's spring. I have a Rough Country setup in my pickup and it is the roughest ride I've ever had. I don't know which company to suggest though.
deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

Check out the Old Man Emu (OME) shocks. I hear they provide for a great ride.
'78 CJ7 -- Chevy 350 SBC, Holley 4-BBL, TH700R4, B&M Performance Shifter, Dana 300 w/ Twin Sticks, 3" Shackle Lift, 3" Body Lift, D30 Front (Disc), AMC 20 Rear w/ Moser 1-Piece, 4.10's, 35x12.50/15 General Grabber MT's, Cragar Soft 8's (15x8 w/ 4" BS)
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2006, 08:33 AM   #4
2fastlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne4X4
I have a 4inch Rough Country lift. Good cheap lift. When the tax refund gets here, I'm looking to soften the firm ride this lift has. Should I be shopping for different 4inch springs, or would different shocks make the changes I'm wanting.

Suggestion appreciated.
Thanks.

what shocks do you have? I got the pro comp shocks and they make the ride rougher than you can belive.
[CENTER][COLOR="Green"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #44[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[QUOTE]I couldn't really understand what you were saying or asking, but I think you need a bigger hammer.[/QUOTE]
2fastlx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2006, 08:40 AM   #5
Hitmanx800

OME Springsa and shocks is my recommendation, they do make 4inch springs
Home Made Disconnects
D30/D44 3.73 Trac-lok
Cragar Black Soft 8's & 32x11.5 BFG MT[/CENTER]
Hitmanx800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #6
Airborne4X4
1948 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastlx
what shocks do you have? I got the pro comp shocks and they make the ride rougher than you can belive.

I got the shocks that came with the kit. Makes them RCs, I guess. Seemed awlful stiff when I was installing them.
Unread 12-30-2006, 09:31 AM   #7
Tumble
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I also have the RC 4" X-Series lift. Same problem with the rough ride. I just swapped out my shocks to OME LT's. It now rides MUCH better. I would try the new shocks first then replace the springs if you still want a softer ride.

OME's

Tumble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.