Looking for a smoother ride.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Looking for a smoother ride....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 12-30-2006, 07:21 AM   #1
Airborne4X4
1948 CJ2A 

Looking for a smoother ride....

I have a 4inch Rough Country lift. Good cheap lift. When the tax refund gets here, I'm looking to soften the firm ride this lift has. Should I be shopping for different 4inch springs, or would different shocks make the changes I'm wanting.

Suggestion appreciated.
Thanks.

Unread 12-30-2006, 07:24 AM   #2
deadman

Rough Country lives up to it's name....rough. Try a different company's spring. I have a Rough Country setup in my pickup and it is the roughest ride I've ever had. I don't know which company to suggest though.
deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 07:26 AM   #3
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

Check out the Old Man Emu (OME) shocks. I hear they provide for a great ride.
'78 CJ7 -- Chevy 350 SBC, Holley 4-BBL, TH700R4, B&M Performance Shifter, Dana 300 w/ Twin Sticks, 3" Shackle Lift, 3" Body Lift, D30 Front (Disc), AMC 20 Rear w/ Moser 1-Piece, 4.10's, 35x12.50/15 General Grabber MT's, Cragar Soft 8's (15x8 w/ 4" BS)
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 07:33 AM   #4
2fastlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne4X4
I have a 4inch Rough Country lift. Good cheap lift. When the tax refund gets here, I'm looking to soften the firm ride this lift has. Should I be shopping for different 4inch springs, or would different shocks make the changes I'm wanting.

Suggestion appreciated.
Thanks.

what shocks do you have? I got the pro comp shocks and they make the ride rougher than you can belive.
[CENTER][COLOR="Green"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #44[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[QUOTE]I couldn't really understand what you were saying or asking, but I think you need a bigger hammer.[/QUOTE]
2fastlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 07:40 AM   #5
Hitmanx800

OME Springsa and shocks is my recommendation, they do make 4inch springs
Home Made Disconnects
D30/D44 3.73 Trac-lok
Cragar Black Soft 8's & 32x11.5 BFG MT[/CENTER]
Hitmanx800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 08:05 AM   #6
Airborne4X4
1948 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastlx
what shocks do you have? I got the pro comp shocks and they make the ride rougher than you can belive.

I got the shocks that came with the kit. Makes them RCs, I guess. Seemed awlful stiff when I was installing them.
Unread 12-30-2006, 08:31 AM   #7
Tumble
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I also have the RC 4" X-Series lift. Same problem with the rough ride. I just swapped out my shocks to OME LT's. It now rides MUCH better. I would try the new shocks first then replace the springs if you still want a softer ride.

OME's

Tumble is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.