Looking at rancho, but mod's in future - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Looking at rancho, but mod's in future

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
kdukes4
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looking at rancho, but mod's in future

Looking to upgrade the shocks in my jeep. currently running 4.5" RE springs front and rear. Short-arm with Currie JJs adj. uppers and RE adj. lowers. RE monotubes with km2 35s. The ride has been pretty rough for some time now. with the Shocktober sale through Rancho, i think its a good time to make a change.

I feel my set up is just too tall given my current and future use of this vehicle as my DD and want to downsize a little. ideally, i wish to get this down to 4" Currie with outboarded rears. but things are going to happen over time. First thing is first. Ride quality needs improvement, then would most likely perform spring swap and outboard at the same time. With that said, I'm looking for some feedback on few things

1st- would i notice a height difference when changing from the RE 4.5s down to the currie 4"? i have running boards, winch, bumper, full spare and rear drop down tire carrier.

2nd- in regards to the future change in the shorter shocks and outboarding. SAVY's recommendation shock sizes is below. If i watch my travel while riding offroad, (which has been seldom the way work and life has been). Then going with the set up arrowed below should be okay until i outboard and swap shocks?

Any input? thanks all.

[IMG][/IMG]

Unread 10-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't be surprised if you got 5" out of that lift. Their springs are stiff as hell. That being said, I don't know if the currie springs will hold up to all the weight you have. They might...I just haven't done enough research on them to give you a definite answer. But yes, they would be lower. You can check exactly how much lift those coils gave you by measuring them on the jeep.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
kdukes4
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd say i have about 160 lbs for the winch and front bumper, 100 lbs for the runners, and then the back tire 60lbs and tire carrier, 80lbs. So about 400lbs +/- of weight.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.