Looking for a part - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
aimon
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Jeff City
Posts: 3
Looking for a part

We have a '97 TJ that we just bought. When we put the top down today (soft top) there are two big screw/bolt things that attach the window frame to the roll bar. They are long and have a large plastic top that lets you screw them in by hand. There should be two on each side. We are missing one on each side.

Can someone tell me what those are called? I'm having a hard time finding the right search terms so I can look them up and buy a couple.

Thanks so much!

aimon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 08:41 PM
HighRoller02TJ
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimon View Post
We have a '97 TJ that we just bought. When we put the top down today (soft top) there are two big screw/bolt things that attach the window frame to the roll bar. They are long and have a large plastic top that lets you screw them in by hand. There should be two on each side. We are missing one on each side.

Can someone tell me what those are called? I'm having a hard time finding the right search terms so I can look them up and buy a couple.

Thanks so much!
door surround pin knob, they are not cheap, you can use bolts instead
HighRoller02TJ is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 08:42 PM
HighRoller02TJ
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 731
HighRoller02TJ is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
aimon
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Jeff City
Posts: 3
Thank you very much! That's exactly what I'm looking for....and now that I've found it, the price is pretty crazy! I'll tell my boys that we should just use bolts. I'm sure they'll disagree, but mom is the one with the checkbook!

Thanks again! I really appreciate the quick response.
aimon is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 09:11 PM
HighRoller02TJ
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimon View Post
Thank you very much! That's exactly what I'm looking for....and now that I've found it, the price is pretty crazy! I'll tell my boys that we should just use bolts. I'm sure they'll disagree, but mom is the one with the checkbook!

Thanks again! I really appreciate the quick response.
your welcome
HighRoller02TJ is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Hosejockey61
Web Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimon View Post
Thank you very much! That's exactly what I'm looking for....and now that I've found it, the price is pretty crazy! I'll tell my boys that we should just use bolts. I'm sure they'll disagree, but mom is the one with the checkbook!

Thanks again! I really appreciate the quick response.
There's another thread here somewhere that sells the knob type screw for $10 and that includes shipping...really fast to install. I'll see if I can find it...
Hosejockey61 is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Hosejockey61
Web Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,302
I think this is what you are looking for....and they are only $9.75 including shipping...I just got some and they are pretty dang good especially for the price!

http://www.upperbound1.com/servlet/t...removal/Detail
Hosejockey61 is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 11:54 PM
rchase559
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 'Merica
Posts: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosejockey61
I think this is what you are looking for....and they are only $9.75 including shipping...I just got some and they are pretty dang good especially for the price!

http://www.upperbound1.com/servlet/t...removal/Detail
That's not the same part as the one posted in the link above...
rchase559 is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 06-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Hosejockey61
Web Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase559 View Post
That's not the same part as the one posted in the link above...
Ahhhhh crap....somebody pull my head outta my a$$ please....
Hosejockey61 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome