Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Looking into lift

614 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  TheBoogieman 
#1 ·
So im looking in to buying a lift kit for my 1999 tj and i want to know everything i NEED TO KNOW before i start searching for stuff any help anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Hernandolittle said:
Oh aha i was thinking trails and muddling you know just for that weekend fun Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you give some info on your jeep what axles, gears, Tranny and motor setup you have? Also what kind of setup are you looking for in the long run? What size tires do you want to run? Do you want to run all lift or are you wanting aftermarket fenders highline, metalcloaks? Also are you prepared to spend money on upgrades like gear swap, steering, brakes to go along with the lift? The most common setup on here is prob the zone combo lift which is 3in suspension 1.25in body lift with motor mount lift and running 33s. You would also want to upgrade steering, brakes and gears depending on what you currently have. You can go all the way from running a budget boost lift with 31 to 32in tires to about as much as you can handle spending.

#11 ·
If it's your first Jeep you really should drive it for a bit before you change a bunch of stuff.
That will help you decide what you want and also allow you to know if something doesn't feel right after any mods.
If you absolutely must do something right away, put on some 2" BB spacers.
They're cheap and easy, and putting them on will get you familiar with the suspension.
If you decide to grow the Jeep later you won't cry over the money spent on them when you remove them.

Reactions: Hernandolittle
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.