Looking for a good Jeep mechanic (San Jose Ca) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Looking for a good Jeep mechanic (San Jose Ca)

Save 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
lostsheep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Looking for a good Jeep mechanic (San Jose Ca)

Does anyone have or know of any good JEEP mechanics in or near San Jose Ca? I really don't want to take it to the stealership or to one with little to no jeep specific experience.

Thanks in advance.....

lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsheep View Post
Does anyone have or know of any good JEEP mechanics in or near San Jose Ca? I really don't want to take it to the stealership or to one with little to no jeep specific experience.

Thanks in advance.....
A couple guys in my club swear by Arabia's, although i'd be more more inclined to have Jeff do fab vs mech for me...He has done a couple small things on mine a while back...what kind of work?
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
av8tr

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
A couple guys in my club swear by Arabia's, although i'd be more more inclined to have Jeff do fab vs mech for me...He has done a couple small things on mine a while back...what kind of work?
I would have to agree with Arabia's. I have had mostly mechanical work done on my previous Jeep and they did a fine job. He was pretty pricey but has come down a bit.

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

2001 TJ
2007 KJ
2007 Dodge Ram 2500
av8tr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
lostsheep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I am aware of Arabias and my take on them is pretty much what both of you guys said: more fab oriented and a bit pricey (but skilled).

I have an evaporative system leak and need someone with the pressurized smoke tester. I normally do all of my own wrenching but this is killing me. I know it's probably just a hose or a small fitting but I can't find it so it's time get some help.
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.