Looking for a bit of help shifting my rear axle to the right - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Looking for a bit of help shifting my rear axle to the right

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
Mainejeepin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looking for a bit of help shifting my rear axle to the right

I have a 8.8 with the TNT truss under my jeep as well as a 2.5 inch lift and my axle is shifted to the left about 1.5 inches or so. The Track bar is set to the furthest setting I can out of the 4 holes on the truss.

Looking for a way to get that axle centered and am unable to figure out if an adjustable track bar can be made shorter then stock to pull the axle in or if they just start at stock length and go from there. Or any other option that isn't permanent, the RC 2.5 lift was just a starting block lift-wise while I learn more about my needs out in the woods and I'd rather not have any solution now become a problem when I go with another lift.

Mainejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

So what is your lift setup? Do you have the standard TJ axle mounting points or are you using the truss for a triangulated 4 link?

edit - should have read more carefully. You might be able to get an adjustable track bar that starts out at 0 inches and runs up from there. That might allow you to pull the suspension to the right enough to make up the difference.

Still don't know what you have planned with the Truss. Did it just come like that?

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just throw a little more lift on it.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
Mainejeepin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Truss has just the regular mounts for Upper arms. No plans for it yet.

As for more lift that's the plan for next year...But this year I'm a bit tired of getting all the muddy water raining down on my head
Unread 07-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Seems to me like you need a shorter pan-hard bar or more lift in your coils.

Like said, they make a 0-X amount of lift trac bar. Maybe try that. Otherwise, live with it if you are just going to lift later.

Check out my Classifieds
Unread 07-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

what about some coil spacers in the rear?
jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
Mainejeepin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone got a recommendation for a adjustable rear track bar? Or know of one that will go shorter? Or do I have to hope my crappy cell phone will stay in one piece while I call around
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:19 PM   #9
Mainejeepin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have any experience with cutting a bit off? Or perhaps know off hand how much of their brands bar is threaded on the internal threads. Curious if shortening the end with the internal threads would work.
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #10
1unknown
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i went to a re adjustable track bar and bracket. jeep is lifted 5.5 inches works well and no clearance problems.
1unknown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #11
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

budget option would be Rough Country. I believe it goes from 0-6 inches and is around $120.

Check out my Classifieds
Unread 07-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #12
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducksguts View Post
budget option would be Rough Country. I believe it goes from 0-6 inches and is around $120.
OP is looking for a trackbar that is shorter than OEM... unless he cuts one down in length, I don't think this is going to happen. At best, the Rough Country will be same length as OEM, not shorter.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2010, 10:17 AM   #13
drivermod

I've cut down a Rough Country front one with no issue. Had plenty of threads left. Unsure about rears. So you should only need to move it 3/4" to center it. If you have access to a welder you could cut some out of the middle of the stock bar and sleeve it. Or just move the mount to where you need it.
drivermod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
rear , axle , shifting , shift , center , tj , wrangler , ford , 8.8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.