Looking for best cat-back exhaust for 97 sahara 4.0 with tow pkg for under $200 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Looking for best cat-back exhaust for 97 sahara 4.0 with tow pkg for under $200

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 04-06-2003, 11:25 AM   #1
Bobert360

Looking for best cat-back exhaust for 97 sahara 4.0 with tow pkg for under $200

Just as the topic says thanks...I have the tow pkg and lookin for something not to loud just a lil more hp would be nice and a lil sound but not to much thanks!!

-Warn Receiver Shackle
Future Mods: RE 2" BB/1"BL/MML/DT3000's/32x11.5 BFG AT's[/COLOR]
Bobert360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2003, 12:23 PM   #2
Owen

Re: Looking for best cat-back exhaust for 97 sahara 4.0 with tow pkg for under $200

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobert360
Just as the topic says thanks...I have the tow pkg and lookin for something not to loud just a lil more hp would be nice and a lil sound but not to much thanks!!
Check out Banks and Borla...Both not too loud (nice Rumble and growl when you stamp on it) and are both guaranteed for life.

I am sure GTFLyer will chime in here...

"Dude... you're getting a Banks."
Unread 04-06-2003, 04:26 PM   #3
Bobert360

Is there anything thats decent for under 200 cause i checked out the borla and banks and they are both over 200 bucks..the other mods i plan on doing are poweraid TB spacer and K&N panel filter
-Warn Receiver Shackle
Unread 04-06-2003, 04:31 PM   #4
Owen

Quote:
Is there anything thats decent for under 200 cause i checked out the borla and banks and they are both over 200 bucks..the other mods i plan on doing are poweraid TB spacer and K&N panel filter
You get what you pay for...you aren't going to really get much out of these mods...The real bottle neck in the exhaust is the cat...I think these mods are a waste of time on new TJs...Just my .02...I would use this money for other mods...Regear if you really want power.

The cheap cat backs are not going to be as good as a stock exhaust IMO...Some of the other guys out will agree some will not. The bottom line is you are going to spend a lot of money for about 8 hp at high RPMs...Since the TJ is a normally low rev motor you will see even less gains. What you will gain is sound. HTH
Unread 04-06-2003, 04:47 PM   #5
gtflyer

we all know my favorite so I won't go there...owen!..anyway,i agree that you will get what you pay for on the cat back systems and stainless is the best choice..For example,the aluminized gibson system sells for about $265 and you can get the stainless one (no i won't say the brand hehehe) for about $285,so why not spend the extra $20 and get the best..you can expect to see about 10hp increase over stock and although it is not a trememdous gain,once you couple it with some other mods..i.e intake etc. it will really make the jeep come alive...Keep in mind that many of the kits on the market will NOT work with a tow hitch...i.e the Borla kit....make sure you verify it will work first..the banks does!...oops,sorry owen..I used the "B" word
gtflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2003, 04:49 PM   #6
Owen

Quote:
Originally posted by gtflyer
oops,sorry owen..I used the "B" word
Knew you couldn't resist...I am surpirsed you didn't bust out the part #s that work with tow hitches...You are slippin man...HAHA
Unread 04-06-2003, 05:32 PM   #7
Bobert360

Thanks! I really appreciate the input...this is my first jeep so it helps to have owners chime in and give there .02. Sounds like i should go with the Banks system esp since in the winter salt and other crap would eat away quicker at the aluminum systems and it will last longer...gonna look for a high flow cat too so hopefully that will help thanks again!
-Warn Receiver Shackle
Unread 04-06-2003, 05:33 PM   #8
Owen

Quote:
Thanks! I really appreciate the input...this is my first jeep so it helps to have owners chime in and give there .02. Sounds like i should go with the Banks system esp since in the winter salt and other crap would eat away quicker at the aluminum systems and it will last longer...gonna look for a high flow cat too so hopefully that will help thanks again!
GTFlyer has convinced me to go with banks when I need an exhaust...
Unread 04-06-2003, 05:42 PM   #9
gtflyer

see that owen!..just spreadin' the love around a bit!.. I've still got a great deal on the "dude,you're gettin' a Banks" t-shirts...After you get yours,let me know and I will send you one!...heheheh
Unread 04-06-2003, 06:09 PM   #10
Bobert360

well i am sold on the Banks cat back system now who has the lowest price ive seen it at 285 and was wondering if its cheaper anywhere else thanks
-Warn Receiver Shackle
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:50 PM   #11
gtflyer

bobert365...I think that is about the going price.. I would try www.quadratec.com if you have not tried them yet..
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:59 PM   #12
Bobert360

thanks a bunch yeah i have there catalog and they are close to me less than 2 hrs away so i will prob order from them
-Warn Receiver Shackle

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.