Longer bumpstops for 33's? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Longer bumpstops for 33's?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
tjallday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Longer bumpstops for 33's?

I am planning to upgrade my 31's to 33x10.5 this summer. I have a 2" BB but with no added bumpstops. I was wondering if I could install longer bumpstops to protect my flares without taking the whole suspension apart again.

tjallday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
cheapjeep06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yes you can. I have reached in with Channel-locks, pulled out the foam bump, then used a 1/2" ratchet with the right length extentions to reach through the coils to take out the cup bolt. Then add in extention, install with longer bolt, spray foam bump with armor-all, and use pliers again to pop it back in. Done.
cheapjeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
tjallday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Isn't there a 2" longer rubber part that i could just pop in there and skip the extension?
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
cheapjeep06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjallday View Post
Isn't there a 2" longer rubber part that i could just pop in there and skip the extension?
Yes, yes there is. I forgot about those. I made my own extentions. Also, everyone says that when you measure for bumpstops, you don't measure the foam bump as it will compress till the steel cup hits the pad, so I don't know how that works for longer foam or poly bumps.
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
tjallday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Cheapjeep how do you like they those km2's? They are the exact tires I'm planing on getting. Will my steering components need upgraded for 33x10.5s?
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
cheapjeep06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Love em. I air down to 15-18psi ; they're like little tank treads. For steering, I currently have a ZJ tie rod. No problems turning them.

Tags
33's , bumpstops , lift , suspension lift , tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.