long turnover before starting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > long turnover before starting

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 09-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Vicozi1234
2003 TJ Wrangler 

long turnover before starting

i am usually pretty good at diagnosing a problem with my TJ but this one has me stumped... i have a 2003 I6 4.0L with about 81,000 miles on it. i had recently got my oil changed and the day after it started giving me trouble, whenever I'm parked on the slightest incline with my front higher than my rear when i go to start it, it cranks for an unusually long time before finally turning over and once its running its fine, no rough idle, no studering, nothing. but if I'm level or my front end is lower than my rear it turns right over no problem. i don't think it has anything to do with my oil think its just a coincidence that it started right after but as to what could be causing it i am out of ideas. HELP!!!

Vicozi1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Schwe
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Search, may be the regulator.
Schwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
Vicozi1234
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i was really hoping not to drop my tank but it may come down to that, thanks!
Vicozi1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas , hard start , problem , turnover

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.