lockers in 97 2.5l? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > lockers in 97 2.5l?

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 10-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
spreadneck
1997 TJ Wrangler 

lockers in 97 2.5l?

i bought my jeep a few months ago and it is my first one. i am wanting to put lockers in it then buy bumpers/winch in the next few months, but i have been reading a lot of forewarning against lockers in the dana 35 rear end. what would be the best route to go? it is my DD but i take it offroad at least 4 times a month: mostly trailriding with a lot of mud and minimal rock crawling. any info would be great im just tryin to do some research before i spend the money

spreadneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
06WranglerX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If you wish to lock the D-35 safely you will need chromo shafts, I recommend Superior shafts, very good CS and quality products. Many times you can find a kit, Shafts and a locker one price here is a good example, Superior Axle Super 35 Kit with Detriot Locker

However, keep in mind that does not remove the C clips only stronger shafts and a locker, if the shaft did let go it can walk itself out of the tube and you could possibly lose a tire. If you wanted further security, you can upgrade even further with shafts a locker and the C clips removal product that Superior also offers.

To lock the front an Aussie, or a lock rite, drop in locker is affordable for the weekend wheeler. Keep in mind though if your in the snow belt at all, a front auto locker like the ones I mentioned are not recommended. Many individuals who live in areas like this use selectable lockers, arb, ox, eaton. Also with a front locker avoid getting on the throttle and turning the wheel, u joints tend to go boo when you turn the wheel and more force in directed to them, chromo shafts and full circle clip u joints help with this. Good luck.

People need to be a little more trusting, Its not like we are on a convict and rapist forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Upon further reflection I've decided I've had enough of this BS and you are now on my ignore list.

06 Red Wrangler X 6 speed hard top
Ford 8.8 Detroit locked, 4 inches of lift, 33 inch BFG KM2's and some other stuff.
06WranglerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
dana 35 , lockers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.