lockers in 97 2.5l? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > lockers in 97 2.5l?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
spreadneck
1997 TJ Wrangler 

lockers in 97 2.5l?

i bought my jeep a few months ago and it is my first one. i am wanting to put lockers in it then buy bumpers/winch in the next few months, but i have been reading a lot of forewarning against lockers in the dana 35 rear end. what would be the best route to go? it is my DD but i take it offroad at least 4 times a month: mostly trailriding with a lot of mud and minimal rock crawling. any info would be great im just tryin to do some research before i spend the money

spreadneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
06WranglerX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If you wish to lock the D-35 safely you will need chromo shafts, I recommend Superior shafts, very good CS and quality products. Many times you can find a kit, Shafts and a locker one price here is a good example, Superior Axle Super 35 Kit with Detriot Locker

However, keep in mind that does not remove the C clips only stronger shafts and a locker, if the shaft did let go it can walk itself out of the tube and you could possibly lose a tire. If you wanted further security, you can upgrade even further with shafts a locker and the C clips removal product that Superior also offers.

To lock the front an Aussie, or a lock rite, drop in locker is affordable for the weekend wheeler. Keep in mind though if your in the snow belt at all, a front auto locker like the ones I mentioned are not recommended. Many individuals who live in areas like this use selectable lockers, arb, ox, eaton. Also with a front locker avoid getting on the throttle and turning the wheel, u joints tend to go boo when you turn the wheel and more force in directed to them, chromo shafts and full circle clip u joints help with this. Good luck.

People need to be a little more trusting, Its not like we are on a convict and rapist forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Upon further reflection I've decided I've had enough of this BS and you are now on my ignore list.

06 Red Wrangler X 6 speed hard top
Ford 8.8 Detroit locked, 4 inches of lift, 33 inch BFG KM2's and some other stuff.
06WranglerX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dana 35 , lockers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.