locker, rockers, or gears - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > locker, rockers, or gears

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 09-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #61
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJohn View Post
maybe a new diff cover for the 30 since I will be taking it off anyways, any good recommendations for a good cheap D30 cover?
I was happy with the Solid diff cover I had on my YJ. http://www.solidaxle.com/productcart...1&idcategory=7

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #62
TonysTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
^^^^ That is so funny and so true.
you should just get a new axle.
Whats even more funny are all these "get a new axle " comments
....period...just get a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
get a rear axle. d44 or 8.8 or 9.
To the OP, they are trying to say that your Jeep sucks and YOU need a monster truck instead of your current rig.
If your gonna spend $1000 on your D35 you might as well just purchase Gravedigger
TonysTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #63
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
Because 33's will get you so much further.
Having driven both....Yeah 33's do go better in the mud, on trails, and I'm pretty sure on rocks too. They are WIDER and the offer 1" more of ground clearance. But I forgot who I was talking to

Unread 09-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #64
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

BTW- Watch when you buy an aftermarket diff cover. There seems to be alot of issues with trac bar clearances when using an aftermarket cover. Mabey look into one like the Warn or RuggedRidge that is a half cover used along with your stocker.
Unread 09-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #65
CT99XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysTJ View Post
Whats even more funny are all these "get a new axle " comments
....period...just get a new one

To the OP, they are trying to say that your Jeep sucks and YOU need a monster truck instead of your current rig.
If your gonna spend $1000 on your D35 you might as well just purchase Gravedigger
You're an idiot.

Spending $1000 on a D35 is pointless, when chances are you could spend LESS on a better axle.
CT99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #66
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsGreen98Tj View Post
Having driven both....Yeah 33's do go better in the mud, on trails, and I'm pretty sure on rocks too. They are WIDER and the offer 1" more of ground clearance. But I forgot who I was talking to

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #67
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

:d
Unread 09-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #68
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT99XJ View Post
You're an idiot.

Spending $1000 on a D35 is pointless, when chances are you could spend LESS on a better axle.
I wonder what is stronger, your 8.25 with chromo shafts or a D35 with a S35 kit installed?
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #69
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's a very good question. Do you happen to know the answer to that?

Also that "spending $1000 on a D35" also gets you a full case locker or full case limited slip(TruTrac) + some aftermarket shafts(Superior Evolution Series 27 spline shafts are $200 a set online). And I KNOW I have read MrBlaine post that hed rather run a Super35 than a D44 with stock shafts.

It really comes down to if you can do the work to set up and swap an axle housing into you Jeep YOURSELF! IF you can than you may be able to do it cheaper than a Super35 kit or mabey not. At least with the Super Kit you know what your getting yourself into and you dont have to pull the housing plus you'll be a little stronger than a stock d44.
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #70
FarmerinVA
Just a flatlander

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's a very good question. Do you happen to know the answer to that?

Also that "spending $1000 on a D35" also gets you a full case locker or full case limited slip(TruTrac) + some aftermarket shafts(Superior Evolution Series 27 spline shafts are $200 a set online). And I KNOW I have read MrBlaine post that hed rather run a Super35 than a D44 with stock shafts.

It really comes down to if you can do the work to set up and swap an axle housing into you Jeep YOURSELF! IF you can than you may be able to do it cheaper than a Super35 kit or mabey not. At least with the Super Kit you know what your getting yourself into and you dont have to pull the housing plus you'll be a little stronger than a stock d44.
+1. And brand-new internal components including bearings, a whole lot less install work, no need for a different size driveshaft ...

Eric, I don't think a TrueTrac is available in the 30-spine for the Super 35 kit, though. I assume this is because there isn't enough of a market for it, because people wanting a TrueTrac wouldn't need the Super 35, they can stick with the stock 35 or just upgrade the shafts (that's what I did).

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ex...hafts-1234745/
FarmerinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #71
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^^Thats why I said that Superior Evo(mabey Discovery) shafts in 27 splines are $200 online(for use with the TruTrac). they say 30% stronger than stock too(same as the Super35 kit). that way you can keep your stock 27 spline shafts for spares. I really think this is what gonna happen to my Tj when I get some loot saved up. I already have 4.10's with my 4 banger and want to/am going to swap an NP435 in place of my AX5, so I dont think I'm gonna need to regear the axles(due to the non-overdrive tranny). Just need traction aids and some stronger shafts at the moment.

BUT - I wonder if anybody has 4 linked the rear of a Tj and used their (upgraded) D35........seriously.
Unread 09-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #72
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

As I will never go larger than a 35" tire...and keep my 4cyl forever!!!
Unread 09-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #73
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
...BUT - I wonder if anybody has 4 linked the rear of a Tj and used their (upgraded) D35........seriously.
Look up user name nevermonday.
Unread 09-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #74
CT99XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I really don't care who they are, anyone who would rather run a 35 needs their DNA bleached from the wheeling gene pool.
CT99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #75
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT99XJ View Post
I really don't care who they are, anyone who would rather run a 35 needs their DNA bleached from the wheeling gene pool.
Use your brain and it should make sense to you.

Most TJs come with the 35.

TJ D44s are hard to come by.

Custom, bolt-in axle assemblies are expensive.

Axle swaps are difficult for some people if you have to setup the brackets for the TJ coil and link suspension.

Its not that people would rather run the 35, its because its what they have and it can be worked with when your talking about 33" tires.

Tags
gears , locker , rocker guard

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.