Locker/LSD Pros vs Cons - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Locker/LSD Pros vs Cons

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 11-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #16
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! Where in MI are you from?

[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #17
Rob 99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994 View Post
Ok... I have an '04 TJ, stock axles (D30 & D44) that are both currently completely open. I want to put lockers/LSDs in, but am not sure which is better for my environment. I drive on a lot of snow, slush, and ice covered roads. I don't have the money to afford both, so I was wondering what was the most beneficial for On/Offroad use. I don't know how a lunchbox locker would be in the back, working all the time, so I was thinking maybe a TrueTrac in the back, Aussie up front? Any help & suggestions?
I think my combo is awesome in the snow. I have the factory LSD in the rear D44 and a No-Slip in the front D30. I used this in Michigan for 9 winters. And I ran it in 4WD in snow covered roads quite often.

07' WK Silver 5.7 QD2, Bilsteins & front strut plates.
Rob 99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #18
srlbotanical
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994 View Post
Thanks! Where in MI are you from?

Grand Rapids area...

But I bet you get more snow in Buffalo.

HIGHER POWERED!!
srlbotanical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #19
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srlbotanical View Post
Grand Rapids area...

But I bet you get more snow in Buffalo.
Just wondering, as I grew up in Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor.
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 04:25 AM   #20
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

So I live in texas and my old CJ5 is being hopped up a bit while I am deployed , I have an open AMC 20 with 3.31s out back that has served my 258 well even after a rebuild and 2 barrel carb.

I am Having a shop put in a TBI 350 and AX-15 tranny and weld my tubes I stay on pavement for the most part unless I am haveing a spur of the moment hey lets go under the muddy bridge and puddle hop I have gotten stuck before just cus out of my 4 wheels only 2 spin with my open diffs, my question is what would I do better at getting , I want my rear tires to both spin when i get on it , but still have road manners . I am not looking to rock crawl just to know I will have better traction if I need it

Also how difficult is it to install these things and if it has to be done by a pro cost of install?

Would I need sumthing up front to help both wheels spin as well even tho I dont use it in 4wd often?
2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 06:49 AM   #21
gunner_79
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJeeper16 View Post
So I live in texas and my old CJ5 is being hopped up a bit while I am deployed , I have an open AMC 20 with 3.31s out back that has served my 258 well even after a rebuild and 2 barrel carb.

I am Having a shop put in a TBI 350 and AX-15 tranny and weld my tubes I stay on pavement for the most part unless I am haveing a spur of the moment hey lets go under the muddy bridge and puddle hop I have gotten stuck before just cus out of my 4 wheels only 2 spin with my open diffs, my question is what would I do better at getting , I want my rear tires to both spin when i get on it , but still have road manners . I am not looking to rock crawl just to know I will have better traction if I need it

Also how difficult is it to install these things and if it has to be done by a pro cost of install?

Would I need sumthing up front to help both wheels spin as well even tho I dont use it in 4wd often?
You revived this thread to post an almost unreadable question? Take a 1/4 second to find the punctuation on your keyboard- people here might be more apt to respond with answers...
gunner_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #22
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner_79 View Post
You revived this thread to post an almost unreadable question? Take a 1/4 second to find the punctuation on your keyboard- people here might be more apt to respond with answers...
Sorry my typing needs a bit of work , was tired it was past my bed time lol
2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aussie locker , locker , lsd , tj , true trac

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.