Locker/LSD Pros vs Cons - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Locker/LSD Pros vs Cons

Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREEThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #16
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! Where in MI are you from?

[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #17
Rob 99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994 View Post
Ok... I have an '04 TJ, stock axles (D30 & D44) that are both currently completely open. I want to put lockers/LSDs in, but am not sure which is better for my environment. I drive on a lot of snow, slush, and ice covered roads. I don't have the money to afford both, so I was wondering what was the most beneficial for On/Offroad use. I don't know how a lunchbox locker would be in the back, working all the time, so I was thinking maybe a TrueTrac in the back, Aussie up front? Any help & suggestions?
I think my combo is awesome in the snow. I have the factory LSD in the rear D44 and a No-Slip in the front D30. I used this in Michigan for 9 winters. And I ran it in 4WD in snow covered roads quite often.

07' WK Silver 5.7 QD2, Bilsteins & front strut plates.
Rob 99TJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #18
srlbotanical
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994 View Post
Thanks! Where in MI are you from?

Grand Rapids area...

But I bet you get more snow in Buffalo.

HIGHER POWERED!!
srlbotanical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #19
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srlbotanical View Post
Grand Rapids area...

But I bet you get more snow in Buffalo.
Just wondering, as I grew up in Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor.
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2011, 05:25 AM   #20
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

So I live in texas and my old CJ5 is being hopped up a bit while I am deployed , I have an open AMC 20 with 3.31s out back that has served my 258 well even after a rebuild and 2 barrel carb.

I am Having a shop put in a TBI 350 and AX-15 tranny and weld my tubes I stay on pavement for the most part unless I am haveing a spur of the moment hey lets go under the muddy bridge and puddle hop I have gotten stuck before just cus out of my 4 wheels only 2 spin with my open diffs, my question is what would I do better at getting , I want my rear tires to both spin when i get on it , but still have road manners . I am not looking to rock crawl just to know I will have better traction if I need it

Also how difficult is it to install these things and if it has to be done by a pro cost of install?

Would I need sumthing up front to help both wheels spin as well even tho I dont use it in 4wd often?
2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #21
gunner_79
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJeeper16 View Post
So I live in texas and my old CJ5 is being hopped up a bit while I am deployed , I have an open AMC 20 with 3.31s out back that has served my 258 well even after a rebuild and 2 barrel carb.

I am Having a shop put in a TBI 350 and AX-15 tranny and weld my tubes I stay on pavement for the most part unless I am haveing a spur of the moment hey lets go under the muddy bridge and puddle hop I have gotten stuck before just cus out of my 4 wheels only 2 spin with my open diffs, my question is what would I do better at getting , I want my rear tires to both spin when i get on it , but still have road manners . I am not looking to rock crawl just to know I will have better traction if I need it

Also how difficult is it to install these things and if it has to be done by a pro cost of install?

Would I need sumthing up front to help both wheels spin as well even tho I dont use it in 4wd often?
You revived this thread to post an almost unreadable question? Take a 1/4 second to find the punctuation on your keyboard- people here might be more apt to respond with answers...
gunner_79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #22
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner_79 View Post
You revived this thread to post an almost unreadable question? Take a 1/4 second to find the punctuation on your keyboard- people here might be more apt to respond with answers...
Sorry my typing needs a bit of work , was tired it was past my bed time lol
2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aussie locker , locker , lsd , tj , true trac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.