lock right - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > lock right

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
snookhansel
2002 TJ Wrangler 

lock right

Do I need to install the washers that were behind my spide gears behind my lock right.

snookhansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
snookhansel
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I was gonna upload a picv
But for some reason jf is not happy. The washers I'm speaking of are behind the splined spider gears for the driveshaft.
Unread 05-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

You re-use the thrust washers, but not the conical "shims" behind the actual spider gears. For example in this pic you would re-use the 2 upper washers, NOT the lower ones. Hope that helps.

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
snookhansel
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
You re-use the thrust washers, but not the conical "shims" behind the actual spider gears. For example in this pic you would re-use the 2 upper washers, NOT the lower ones. Hope that helps.
10-4. I thought so and have disassembled and installed those two washers. Lock rights instructions are fuzzy and kinda hard to follow. The pics really suck.
I see after putting the locker together it fairly simple. They still should consider ky boys have a snoot or two of bourbon while doing these kind of projects.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.