location of middle body mount bolts inside tub - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > location of middle body mount bolts inside tub

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
TJJeepJosh
2005 LJ Wrangler 

location of middle body mount bolts inside tub

I know there's a thread on this for the yj's ( http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/b...-w-pix-705291/) but I can't seem to find one with picture or a very good description for TJ's.

Bought some trail gear rock sliders recently but when I went to loosen the body mounts, the two further back on each side between wheel wells, all they do is spin. Since I don't have the skills or tools to cut up the floor or remove the tub to remove I was thinking I could drill a 1 inch hole above each bolt to get at them and then put a drain plug in place of each hole.

My question is where do I drill in the floor from above? since it will only be a 1 inch or so hole it will have to be directly above the bolt.

Unread 09-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
TJJeepJosh
2005 LJ Wrangler 

anyone?
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Are you looking to do something like this: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/fi...50/index2.html. PM Unlimited04 with questions. He will be helpful about what he did.
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
AllTerrainJK
OllllllO

1998 TJ Wrangler 

The rearward mount in the torque box can be seen inside the tub right next to the seatbelt retractor. It is a round bulge in the floor pan which is a relief for the bolt. The middle one is a pita as it's just forward the seat or under it. I need to look at my jeep to be sure on that one. I will check after work.

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!
AllTerrainJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
TJJeepJosh
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Are you looking to do something like this: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/fi...50/index2.html. PM Unlimited04 with questions. He will be helpful about what he did.
Similar but to a different bolt and without a welder since I don't have one. That's why I thought drain plugs might work.
I'll see what he can help with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTJ View Post
The rearward mount in the torque box can be seen inside the tub right next to the seatbelt retractor. It is a round bulge in the floor pan which is a relief for the bolt. The middle one is a pita as it's just forward the seat or under it. I need to look at my jeep to be sure on that one. I will check after work.
Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!
Try looking at it closely before it got too dark today. Rear seems like it will be the easier one to get to with that bulge you're referring too. Middle one again as you said looks like it will be a pain to get at with the dip from the seat to floor pan almost right above it. Have to look more thoroughly when I get some spare time.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.