LJ idle problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > LJ idle problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
kempracing
1991 YJ Wrangler 

LJ idle problem

I have a 06 wrangler unlimited and its having an idle problem, sometimes it will idle fine at about 800rpm, and then it will jump up to 1200 to 1400 , can anyone tell me where to start looking for the problem, I have check the intake for a leak by spraying starting fluid around it and nothing , I have looked at the vac. lines but can find anything that looks bad , can someone HELP ME

l

kempracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Clean the IAC.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/iac-question-489089/
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yep... it sound throttle body related.
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I cleaned mine this morning so it's funny I stumbled upon this thread.

That link above will start you in the right direction....our '04-'06 TJ/LJ's are a tad different. I'm just posting this in case you want to clean it. I highly recommend unplugging all sensor harnesses on the TB and completely removing it to clean it. It is very simple!! You will need some torx bits if you already don't.

Here are some pics of what you will be looking at. As you can see mine was dirty, BUT my engine is running fine. I simply woke up this morning and decided I wanted to clean it I cleaned mine all up with throttle body cleaner. I did pull the o-rings off the IAC before I cleaned it. I didn't take any after pics because it's kind of self explanatory. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

OH and FWIW.....I will completely blame the previous K&N filter I had on there for my IAC even getting this dirty at only 36K!!!!

Ricky

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
kempracing
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you all that put a post on here about my problem , I took it apart tonight and clean it out , it was worst than the one that garza posted , Now my LJ is idling the way its suppose to , So THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!
kempracing is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.